Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS MP5 A4 upgrade help

Hi all!
    I would like to upgrade my mp5, I have a tight bore barrel but everything else is stock. I found a 'Hurricane MP5 M140 Full Tune-up Kit' on sale but would I need to upgrade the motor or gear box? I imagine it would slow down the ROF but I don't mind as it fires like mad anyway.
    Any advice would be appreciated!
    Cheers
    Scott

The tune up kit includes:
    Helical Gear Set
    M140 Springs
    Ball Bearing Piston Head
    Air Nozzle
    Aluminium Piston
    Cylinder
    Cylinder Head
    Tappet Plate
    Metal Oil Less Bushing
    Ball bearing Spring Guide
    Metal Shim Set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: ICS MP5 A4 upgrade help

Bumpy

Comment

What is your performance target?
      The M140 included in the set is rated 140 m/s IIRC is around 460fps which is rated with .20g's, bare in mind that almost all aftermarket brand springs shoot slightly hotter than rated, HurricanE is no exception.

Many of the parts included in the kit are un-nescessary and sub standard to others on the market for the same price. If you have an idea of what performance you are after then we can help you decide.
      dsgdreamteam

Comment

Woo, that's a lot hotter than I expected! I just want to upgrade my mp5 really and there is a m110 or m120 for £20. m130 or m140 for £40. Can I upgrade cheaper then? I obviously don't need it firing over 400 fps!

Comment

Stock ICS Gears are steel and tough enough for an M120, you just need to make sure that you have steel bushings (6mm). If you are shooting sub 400fps you would be fine with spring and bushings, this is tried and tested and has been for many years in the US market.
          Most M100's on the market run close to 350fps w/.20g, M110's tend to be the middle ground between 350 and 400fps. It can vary from setup to setup.
          Only thing I would strongly advise is a MOSFET switch to relieve the trigger switch contacts of the higher current draw that the higher rate spring brings.
          dsgdreamteam

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Muzlie Work most weekends, so I airsoft when I can! sadly not as much as I wish. Find out more about Muzlie
          Working...
          X