What to upgrade next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to upgrade next?

so i'm still a complete noob at this - only been skirmishing since January, and have been 5 times so far but have caught the bug - BIG TIME

have spent a little bit on starter kit and bought a used G&G GR16 CQW which i have put new tb barrel, hop rubber & nub, spring and also had gears reshimmed and regreased

Its firing a steady 330fps and range and accuracy i'm very satisfied with

I would like however, to either improve the rate of fire and/or trigger response (both if can be done easily)

I've looked a little into Lipo's but dont want to wreck my internals etc so after some advice of what to upgrade/change and if poss advice on how (or links to youtube etc) ????

- - - Updated - - -

ps - i have looked looked at deans / lipos / mosfet / motors etc - but kind of want advice on what combinations i could do in this gun without damaging internals (and if easy for a noob or not)

Re: What to upgrade next?

Lipo's don't damage your internals. They aren't nearly as explosive and dangerous as half of the internet makes out, you just need to be sensible and follow some decent lipo guides. Even a 7.4v lipo will drastically improve your trigger response, and the rof will increase a little also. A MOSFET would be a good upgrade, it prevents electrical arcing and increases the life of your trigger contacts, plus increasing trigger response and sometimes rof. Other than that a decent motor would be good, have a look at lonex motors they are pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Burmaluke View Post
      Lipo's don't damage your internals. They aren't nearly as explosive and dangerous as half of the internet makes out, you just need to be sensible and follow some decent lipo guides. Even a 7.4v lipo will drastically improve your trigger response, and the rof will increase a little also. A MOSFET would be a good upgrade, it prevents electrical arcing and increases the life of your trigger contacts, plus increasing trigger response and sometimes rof. Other than that a decent motor would be good, have a look at lonex motors they are pretty good.
      Thanks mate - say I do change / add all that - would it have any effect on the gears wearing out quicker or anything like that?

Comment

If you want to improve trigger response you will inevitably put more stress on your gearbox internals, thats something you will have to deal with to a lesser or greater degree depending on how far you go with the upgrades.

Essentially you want to speed up the cycle rate of the piston from the point which you pull the trigger.

- A decent high torque motor will spin up quicker and get the gears moving sooner.
        - To power this you need a decent battery.
        - The higher the output of the battery (voltage and discharge wise), the more energy the the motor has to play with, the more work it can do.
        - A MOSFET will remove the trigger contacts from the power circuit, give better response and prevent the contacts degrading when using high output batteries.

The above will also up your RoF as a byproduct.

So with a properly shimmed gearbox - a decent motor, lipo and mosfet is what I would look at first. And if your using tamiya connectors, swap them for deans.

As for gearbox internals:

- A high speed gearset will cycle the piston faster. Better response and RoF.
        - Dual Sector Gear setup will give you crazy response and loony RoF.

Both of the above should be done only if the other components are up to it.

Comment

Change whatever you want, you don't have to change everything it's just some suggestions. Obviously with a higher rof caused by all of the above, your gears will go through more cycles so you are putting more rounds through your gun. So it will wear out quicker, but that is because of shooting more bb 's. Shooting 10,000 bb's in 3 skirmishes is the same as shooting 10,000 bb's in 10 skirmishes to put it simply.

Comment

MOSFET is a brilliant upgrade as Burmaluke stated. You will easily notice the improvement. And me also benefits your rifle and extends the life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Garfs Find out more about Garfs
            Working...
            X