Mag feeding help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mag feeding help

So I've just got my new g and p with a magpul lower receiver and the pmag it came with feeds perfectly but my socom gear troy battle mags will only feed 1 or 2 before it just dry fires, just to confuse me even more though my g and g high cap feeds perfectly as well. I've had to puts one tape on the side of the socom gear ones to stop them dropping down lower on the receiver
    I've also fitted a madbull ultimate hop unit but this shouldn't make any difference should it?

Re: Mag feeding help

its not un common to have these issues , if you hold the mag up in the well how does it feed ? if it feeds well then you'l need to find a way to build up the slot for the mag catch ,try some tape in the slot for the catch ,if that works then a little piece of plasticard glued in will be more permanent or just use the mag's that work.

Comment

what dadio recommended is correct, I myself also had bad experience with Socom Mags one is feeding issue like you and the worst is, while its inside the pouch the mags tends to release bb's on its own. I'd stick with pmags for me.

Comment

i found the problem mate, it was the hop unit, id fitted a madbull ultimate hop unit that they didnt fit properly into so i just popped in the original hop unit and it works fine now. saved me some cash on buying new mags and the socom gear ones are 190rd which is better than pmags anyway. i tend to use my gbb these days anway just aeg for backup

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tomola Find out more about tomola
        Working...
        X