fuse issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuse issue

attended a skirmish saturday and as i went to chrono my m4 click dead after checking all wiring and motor connectors the fuse had blown so as i had no spares had to condemn it for the day. only two questions wanting to ask.

1. what fuse do i replace it with?

2. what are the risks and pros and cons of bypassing it and not having fuse at all?

any help greatly appreciated and thankyou in advance

james

Re: fuse issue

Use a 20 or 30A cheapo fuse from Halfords - don't get raped by buying it through an airsoft retailer.

I've taken a few out of my AEGs. Just be sensitive to what you're electrics are doing. If it stops firing, don't keep pulling the trigger or you might hose 'em!

Comment

Originally posted by parker View Post
      2. what are the risks and pros and cons of bypassing it and not having fuse at all?
      In the unlikely event of there being an electrical fault instead of the fuse blowing, another more expensive part could break.
      Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
      Just because something is in Transformers 2 doesnt make it real.

Comment

A fuse is there for a reason, i wouldnt bypass it, but thats me and my job
        sigpic

Comment

Next time on the day, just join the two metal fuse contacts together in the fuse holder that will get you going on game day! Nothing worse than having to borrow a gun or sit it out..

Long term like has been said Halfords do the glass "blade" fuses.. There’s two type of glass fuse, one with a tiny wire another with the flat metal blade, go for that it will carry more current than the wire version. I get trade discount so I can’t recommend it enough :P :P

Rewiring with no fuse is fine; the amount of ampage involved even if it jams it won’t melt or damage the wiring or battery. The wiring will get hot though, that’s when you generally stop pulling the trigger during a jam.. If your one of those that runs around with a gun that’s making a horrible whining and clicking noise with parts literally eating themselves in side, yet still keeps pulling the trigger showing everyone he passes on the way back to the safe zone the noise it makes then I’d leave the fuse where it is.

I’d say if you have the skills to bypass the fuse yourself you’ve probably the intelligence to run a gun without a fuse as a general rule, if not then leave the fuse on for your own peace of mind.

If you go lipo id leave the fuse on... Your already running a high rof because of the battery so SQEEZING every last ounce out of a small nimh isn’t necessary and you don’t want to short circuit or overload the lipo.. lipos a fine till they are abused..

Food for thought

Comment

In my experience most fuses will blow a country mile before any issue become a major problem. Not run any for ages now, even with the lipo. Just if the thing stops working, stop pulling the trigger. That way you don't melt anything by keep shooting when you know you got an issue!

Comment

totally agree fuses often pop for no reason, quick replace and good to go

personally id run lipo without but most people get all scared of lipos so its easier to say run the fuse and they feel safe, that way continuing the lipo revolution one player at a time. lipos are well cheap so if one did snap crackle and pop is easy replaced, truth is the tech in the lipo batterys we get nowadays is so dumbed down to what you used to get say two years ago, its now like fisherprice lipos aged 1 - 3 years..

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

parker Find out more about parker
              Working...
              X