Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lonex A2 in stock ICS CXP - Question

Hi All,

I am running a stock ICS CXP-16 and was considering a new motor to up RoF a tad. I would like to stick to the stock gears (18:1 I believe) rather than getting 13:1, as im not after crazy RoF (looking to incrase from 18-19 currently getting to low 20's)

I have heard mixed reports that the Lonex A1/A2 motors should not be used in a stock gun with anything less than an M120 spring, as they are in danger of causing damage. My current set up is entirely stock, apart from an M100 spring, powered by a 9.9v life battery (1500mah, 20C).

I was hoping to get your thoughts on whether it would be "safe" to plonk a lonex motor in there. I appreciate it would increase wear, but mainly concerned about it chewing through the stock gears at a dramatically accelerated rate.

Any input greatly appreciated. If the Lonex motors are deemed to be too strong, what Neo-based motors are viewed as being more appropriate (Element, SHS etc.?).

Thanks in advance,

Matthais_31

Re: Lonex A2 in stock ICS CXP - Question

They are fine with normal springs. Why they advertise that on the boxes I don't know. I run 2 Lonex A2s now, and have installed a few more for team mates and people at site. Running then in AEGs with springs between M90 and M120, and all are running sweet as with no issues.

Have 2 AEGs running 13:1 gears and the A2, and no issues (these have been properly setup mind with AoE corrections and such)

Id say you'll have no issues other than wondering why you didn't upgrade to these motors sooner!
    sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

Thanks for that Caldymoose.

One final question - do you find that the Lonex is more power hungry than normal stock motors. Just trying to compare it to my existing Turbo 3000...does the higher rotation/torque draw more power, or is it simply a result of using Neo-magnets (i.e. no more power use, its the magnets doing all the extra leg work)?

Thanks!

Matthais_31

Comment

Honestly, I don't know off the top of my head. I think the Neo magnets are more efficient than the ferrous ones, so based on that, Id say the overall motor is more efficient, but don't quote me on that. I have not done a side by side comparison of the two. Provided the battery your using can supply the power the motor demands I don't see there being an issue. When I was building mine I was looking at battery consumption to be honest, more so the performance from the motor and gearbox
        sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Matthais_31 Find out more about Matthais_31
        Working...
        X