Locking an aeg gearbox to semi auto.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locking an aeg gearbox to semi auto.

I am looking to lock one of my rifles (TM m14) to semi auto to complete a project I am doing on it. Locking it to semi will allow me to raise the fps on it aswell as at the moment it still has the fully auto capability so it can only be 350 fps.

I will also be going over to lipo / li-fe battery to raise the trigger response.

Cheers

Re: Locking an aeg gearbox to semi auto.

Anyone locked a gearbox to semi auto before?

Comment

M14s are easy. Set to semi auto, remove the fire selector lever.
      sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

I thought as I was going to be stripping it down to upgrade I would see if I could electronically lock it. Removing the selector switch was going to be my last resort.

Comment

If you can find a Mosfet for the M14 gearbox that will do it then yes you can also electronically lock it, BUT pretty much every single site demand a mechanical lock (nothing stopping you from adding an electronic one as well) if you are going to try and build a DMR.
          sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

File off a part of the selector plate. I did it with my M16 when it was shooting over 390fps. If m14's have a similar thing it could work. Best bit is, if you want to go back to full auto you just slide a new plate in. Here's a guide i used: http://www.86th.org/?id=sniper

Comment

Ahh I see! I will have to open it up and have a look, my m14 is actually an m1 garand so in just finishing off the final touches. Along with pirating to lipo / life batteries or a better trigger feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Antny View Post
                File off a part of the selector plate. I did it with my M16 when it was shooting over 390fps. If m14's have a similar thing it could work. Best bit is, if you want to go back to full auto you just slide a new plate in. Here's a guide i used: http://www.86th.org/?id=sniper
                That won't work on a TM M14 because it uses a different gearbox. M14 = V7; M16 = V2;
                Main Armoury: CYMA Zhukov AK | G&P M7A1 | PTS Masada AKM

Comment

I know the gearboxes are different but maybe the principle is the same...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Spoon1990 Find out more about Spoon1990
                  Working...
                  X