Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nozzle and tappet plate not fully forward

Hi guys,
    back on the airsoft scene after a few years out so im a bit rusty.

I notice on my gearbox (and my brothers) it seems the tappet plate and nozzle are not always fully forward, i guess this is because the gearbox has started to do another cycle and the sector gear is partly engaging against the tappet plate?

Is it an AB mosfet i get to stop this?

Thanks

Re: Nozzle and tappet plate not fully forward

could put a delayer chip, or grind down the pick up gear on the piston should help sort it out (i've not had this problem before so you may want to actually check that with a proper tech guy). Regarding the mosfet they are aimed at reducing overspin, however it would imho be a bit of a backwards and expensive way of sorting the problem, also likely to wear your motor quicker as it temporarily reverses the polarity ( i think).

Comment

Re: Nozzle and tappet plate not fully forward

It's most likely to do this on automatic fire. Even with an AB mosfet it will still happen since it's designed to stop the motor as soon as there is no circuit; if you release the trigger part way through a cycle it will stop the motor but the gears will still be part way through their cycle when you do.

As a general rule you should fire a couple of shots on single fire. The theory being that on most guns this should reset the piston head back to resting on the cylinder head. With enough juice you can still get some over spin but an AB mosfet will frequently solve this. Though as a previous poster noted if you have a delayer clip on the sector gear it may still have advanced far enough to pick up the tappet plate without moving the piston.
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional...

The tinkering tale of an airsoft addict, wargamer and book fanatic at http://ocdairsoft.blogspot.com/
      It even gets updated occasionally... Quite recently even!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

perky416 Find out more about perky416
      Working...
      X