Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

ics metal mp5 not taking other brand mags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ics metal mp5 not taking other brand mags?

hi all, I got my full metal ics mp5 today an everything works perfectly until I tried some old jg an tm mags I have in it. they just don't click into place for some reason an barely shoot at all but the ics mags I have click in perfect an feed perfectly. is there any way to fix this as ics mags are a bit pricey.

thanks

Re: ics metal mp5 not taking other brand mags?

I found the tm mags don't fit or feed into my ics mp5 I have king arms mid caps and they fit perfectly, which is off as apparently they are tm clones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

ok thanks. I had a plastic ics mp5 years ago and it took all mags but my friends full metal one Is the same as mine just a different version an only takes ics mags too. did you ever try to modify the mags or gun so dif mags would fit?

Comment

I havnt tried no, i gave up and just bought different mags, I imagine with a bit of DIY it should be easy

Comment

Do you get a nice bit of mag wobble on the non-ics mags as well? I found that some mp5 mags are a little rounded where the mag catch is supposed to click into place, leading to mine not clicking in and letting me pull them out with little force. Have a look at yours.

I ended using a felt pad in the mag well and tape part way down the mags to sort mine, but I'd much rather have ones that fit properly.

Comment

I have taken to wrapping electrical tape round the top of my mags, it stops them from wobbling about

Comment

I had the same problem with my ICS MP5 and my mags would fall out half way through firing. All i did was tighten the screw on the mag release button and now its fine it holds all my mags fine.

Comment

I had a similar problem with an mp5a3 and an mp5sd6, I found that the little dip for the mag catch to engage just needed squaring off with a dremel or similar. The whole mag catch design on mp5s seems very finicky and fussy. The best approach I've found is to to get a mag that works and basically mod every magazine that doesn't work into having the same mag catch areas and exterior dimensions until it fits correctly.
                A ball-ache but not impossible.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

NavyGoblin Find out more about NavyGoblin
                Working...
                X