Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single shot issue on AEG

Hi Folks,

I have an issue with my Ares G36K in that on single shot it occasionally stops working, the trigger pulls but there is no action whatsoever in the gun. I need to drop this down to full auto, cycle it and then it will work on semi again.

Having done a little reading around I have found one article that says this is standard on AEGs and caused by the trigger not being fully depressed. Is this the case or is there something else I can look at?

I'm relatively new to airsoft, so I am presuming the trigger is not engaging the mechanism to press the microswitch and changing to auto re-engages. However, not having taken the thing apart any further than stripping it down to change the barrel and install a Mosfet I am unsure as to what components I should be looking at. It has happened once the other way round in auto, back to semi and its fine. Selector isn't that "clicky" anymore but still positively sits in place.

Any advice greatly appreciated folks!

Ares/Umarex G36K
    Piston, cylinder head, hopup and barrel upgraded.
    Gate Merf 3.2 fitted (have tried with and without the Fet to rule this one out).
    "If you pick the wrong fight, make sure you picked the right weapon"

Re: Single shot issue on AEG

You are probably not fully depressing the trigger probably. You could install a MOSFET to prevent this and speed up your trigger response.

Comment

Unlikely, the problem would exist across all firing modes if that was the case.

It's more likely to be the selector cam catching on the trigger mech where the contacts join. When you put it in full auto it lifts out of the way. And when you put it back on single it drops it back into the right place. If it's then catching on the trigger it could well cause the problem you describe

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys,

I am presuming I will need to open the gearbox to get at the selector mechanism?

Comment

Yeah. It's underneath all the gears as well, so if you're not sure then I would give it to your local tech

Comment

Sounds like a good idea Ben, not quite ready for the joys of tinkering with gearboxes. Cheers for the help mate.

Comment

Ben,

Just out of interest, are we talking about the grey component under the selector switch at 5:07 of this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7FO7fD0XSU

If so then happy days and I'll give it a bit of investigation and see if its catching on anything.

Cheers.

Comment

Nope, way further at about 12:25

Comment

Bugger, never simple is it! Cheers again.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Harlequin Find out more about Harlequin
                  Working...
                  X