Psg1 barrel in Cyma Rpk will it work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psg1 barrel in Cyma Rpk will it work?

Hello there I'm new to the tech side of zeroin I hope this question doesn't seem too silly

I ordered a madbull 6.03 591mm psg1 barrel for my cyma RPK and when it arrived today I noticed the end which the hop up fits into is flat on the top, where the barrel stock with the rpk is rounded like any normal aeg.
    I installed the new barrel and there is an improvement in accuracy but I cannot tell if there is lack of compression due to the gap where the flat area is and the hop up bucking. That being said the guarder hop up bucking was a tight fit when put into the hop up chamber.
    Although the PSG1 style barrel is not supposed to fit, am I losing compression over the stock barrel? Has anyone bought a Psg1 barrel for a regualr aeg and found this to be an issue?
    Always rock out with your Heckler and Koch out
    Please visit my Xtreme Nailage YouTube channel.

Re: Psg1 barrel in Cyma Rpk will it work?

Although it will fit, the performance will be far from optimal. The PSG-1 utilizes a larger cylinder to provide the additional volume for the extra length. You would be okay with .20g's, but .25g + and the subsequently more aggressive hop setting required to hop those weights will negatively affect performance. The shorter matched inner barrel will deliver better muzzle energy efficiency.
    dsgdreamteam

Comment

Thanks. The length I am less concerned rather more with than the flat part on the barrel, because having a long barrel would not mean I'd have less compression surely the bb would be stabilized for longer, and cylinder capacity of the type 0 cylinder which the RPK uses would have negligible effects?
      Always rock out with your Heckler and Koch out
      Please visit my Xtreme Nailage YouTube channel.

Comment

You could always fit a Bore-up kit to your AK to compensate for the smaller internal volume found in a standard V3 cylinder

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Flight of the BBs Find out more about Flight of the BBs
        Working...
        X