M14 upgrade compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M14 upgrade compatibility

Okay so before I start i would like to say that i have searched the forum with its search system and used google to try and find my answer but to no avail. If I am wrong and there is already a thread then sorry in advance but the search system on here is a bit rubbish on here so it's easily done.

Anyway I took my G&G M14 EBR apart to fit a mosfet which has worked wonderfully but I also checked the air pressure as I always do when I open a GB. I found my EBR cylinder head compression to be rubbish even though it seems to chrono and shoot well? So I want to replace my cylinder head to a new metal one and also my air nozzle to a new plastic one with an O-ring if not two. I am aware that AUG air nozzles work fine in EBR's and that the EBR is a version 7 gearbox in the sense of cylinder heads (not other compression parts) or that they are specific to M14s (conflicting views been given) as not many specific to M14 ones seem to exist and they still say version 7?

My questions for you all are:
    1. Which AUG length nozzle is best for an EBR (maybe slightly longer than stock) as there are reportedly different lengths for different make AUGs (slight difference but still)? I am thinking Ultimate air nozzle for AUG series.
    2. What type of cylinder head should be used for EBRs; version 7 of any type or does it have to say M14 version 7 and even then will all makes of M14 take the same one? In this case it depends on what it can take but i was looking at the ZCI V7 double O-ring head as it's full aluminum and cheap plus cylinder heads are easy to get perfect compression out of anyway.
    3. On another note seeing as I am here, when does the piston head O-ring get too tight so that it causes problems for returning as the new one i have put it is pretty tight?

Really appreciate some previous experience on this one rather than alot of speculation or un-clear comments on this topic which have seen on other forums. Thanks in advance guys.
    For sale:

-Splitting M4
    -MP5 Parts
    -MP7a1
    -M9 Magazine

Re: M14 upgrade compatibility

I will keep an eye on this as I have the car version that I will eventually try and get poforming better

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

Do you mean the CA one?
      For sale:

-Splitting M4
      -MP5 Parts
      -MP7a1
      -M9 Magazine

Comment

Ok so I measured my air nozzle and it is 24.7mm long and 7mm at the smallest point (where it meets the hop up unit) Now I have had a look at a few AUG nozzles and they vary from 24.7 to around 25.4mm in length and from 7mm width nozzles to 7.15mm. So my questions about air nozzles is whether that extra bit of length would help to give a better air-seal against the hop and the same with the width, or would they just serve to cause problems?
        For sale:

-Splitting M4
        -MP5 Parts
        -MP7a1
        -M9 Magazine

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

wilko129 Find out more about wilko129
        Working...
        X