V3 trigger switch (mp5k) - the common problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: V3 trigger switch (mp5k) - the common problem

I put the original trigger block back in and it's working like it used to again.

So essentially I have the same problem as my original post, constant locking of semi, more so than you usually get with gearboxes and the tried and tested route of a fet and fat batteries hasn't helped.

I've had a good hard look at how the mechanism works, it looks to me that the jamming of semi occurs when the trigger is released before the cut off lever returns to it's static position at the bottom of it's stroke. So the only way around it is to pull the trigger slowly, too slowly to be useable. What I need to be able to do is make the cut off lever return to it's static position faster, the only way I can see of doing this is to make the gears turn faster so it rattles through it's stroke faster any thoughts??? Essentially if I can make it reach the top of it's stroke faster it will have time to drop before I release the trigger, that's my logic anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

I put the original trigger block back in and it's working like it used to again.

So essentially I have the same problem as my original post, constant locking of semi, more so than you usually get with gearboxes and the tried and tested route of a fet and fat batteries hasn't helped.

I've had a good hard look at how the mechanism works, it looks to me that the jamming of semi occurs when the trigger is released before the cut off lever returns to it's static position at the bottom of it's stroke. So the only way around it is to pull the trigger slowly, too slowly to be useable. What I need to be able to do is make the cut off lever return to it's static position faster, the only way I can see of doing this is to make the gears turn faster so it rattles through it's stroke faster any thoughts??? Essentially if I can make it reach the top of it's stroke faster it will have time to drop before I release the trigger, that's my logic anyway.

Comment

Haha! Would make sense to why the bigger battery/fet route works.

I suppose you could up the voltage of the battery, more powerful motor or change the gears? Could there be a weak spring pushing the cut off lever?

Comment

I don't really want to go higher than my 7.4v 25-50c 2200mah lipo, and I'm running a shs high torque motor which should be plenty sufficient.
        What I can see happening is the cut off lever disconnecting the trigger block but continuing rising before falling, it is in between this point that when I release the trigger is cause the jamming because for all the power has been disconnected in the normal semi auto fashion the cut off lever still has a bit to rise then obviously fall. I can't see a stronger cut off lever spring making any difference to the rate at which it falls really. I think the only way around it is to either shorten the stroke of the cut off lever or speed the stroke up - high speed gears I'm thinking would facilitate the speeding up theory but I'm not 100% on that.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mafu10 I haven't released my book yet Find out more about mafu10
        Working...
        X