(G&G Soc16) My gun is double feeding and BBs are rolling out of the barrel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (G&G Soc16) My gun is double feeding and BBs are rolling out of the barrel

Basically, I will fire the gun, it sounds like it cycles fine and the gun will fire but it will either double feed or a bb will roll out of the barrel, is this because of the hop rubber, or something inside the gearbox?
    KJW M700
    -554mm PDI 6.05 Barrel-
    -Spartan Doctrine VSR Chamber-
    -Nineball Rubber-
    -Action Fluted Barrel w/ Suppressor-
    sigpic

Re: (G&G Soc16) My gun is double feeding and BBs are rolling out of the barrel

Does it have all stock internals?

Comment

Tried more than one mag? Dial the hop all the way down, and try again. It could be a severe airleak. If you're feeding bb's, but don't have the compression to propel them, this is what would happen.

Sent on Tapatalk, apologies for spelling!

Comment

Originally posted by C-Dawg View Post
        Does it have all stock internals?
        No gear box wise it's got a G&P Explosive Piston head and hop wise a Lonex hop unit and rubber on a Madbull barrel

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by RitchieTheBrit View Post
        Tried more than one mag? Dial the hop all the way down, and try again. It could be a severe airleak. If you're feeding bb's, but don't have the compression to propel them, this is what would happen.

I know the BB's are feeding properly so I dont think it's the mag but I do feel a lack of compression, I've had it apart several times (not the gearbox), I've put the old barrel and hop unit on and nothing, so I think it might be a gearbox problem?
        KJW M700
        -554mm PDI 6.05 Barrel-
        -Nineball Rubber-
        sigpic

Comment

The g&g's do struggle with aftermarket hop units, I've tired 3 different hop units in mine and it wouldn't have it, worked fine with a stock on in though. Try a standard g&g hot unit or try an o-ring on the front of the hop unit you've got.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty Dog View Post
            The g&g's do struggle with aftermarket hop units, I've tired 3 different hop units in mine and it wouldn't have it, worked fine with a stock on in though. Try a standard g&g hot unit or try an o-ring on the front of the hop unit you've got.
            Already tried it, I literally reverted it back to stock hop up wise, rubber, barrel everything..The hop unit is new, only got it today as I heard it was a wise choice, the BB's rolling out of the hop up unit has happened with both
            KJW M700
            -554mm PDI 6.05 Barrel-
            -Nineball Rubber-
            sigpic

Comment

Sounds like a GB issue, probably the o-ring or air nozzle. You'll have to get your hands dirty to get to the bottom of it I'm afraid!

Comment

Originally posted by RitchieTheBrit View Post
                Sounds like a GB issue, probably the o-ring or air nozzle. You'll have to get your hands dirty to get to the bottom of it I'm afraid!

Ah well was hoping to be able to take it out tomorrow for a skirmish but the gear boxes are somewhat a pain to take apart so it's a job for in the week, thanks for the reply!
                KJW M700
                -554mm PDI 6.05 Barrel-
                -Nineball Rubber-
                sigpic

Comment

Have you tried seating your tappet plate correctly? Or the air nozzle is not properly in place on the tappet plate. So every time to moves back, it is not allowing it to feed
                  "One rifle, many missions"

Comment

your tappet plate may also be worn severely dude.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Grffti Find out more about Grffti
                    Working...
                    X