Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP5 Fire Selector Switch

Hi folks,

Excuse the Noddy question, but on an MP5 (ICS specifically) what is it that makes the selector click to each setting, I'm presuming it is what I have come across on the web as the "cam"? My MP5 will more to each setting but there is no retaining click. How do I sort this and what do I need to do so?

Any advice appreciated.
    "If you pick the wrong fight, make sure you picked the right weapon"

Re: MP5 Fire Selector Switch

Hi there,
    I think what you're referring to is a tiny ball bearing that sits underneath the selector switch.
    If you remove the selector switch completely you may notice tiny indentations on the outside of the body at the different firing positions.
    There's usually a tiny ball bearing (and i do mean tiny!) that rides between the body of the gun and the underside of the selector switch that then sits into these little holes and gives that click, and keeps the selector switch in place.

If that is what you've lost, then I have no idea where you'd find a replacement I'm afraid.
    I'm assuming that if you buy a new selector switch then it should be included.

I don't actually have an MP5 so I may be completely wrong on this, but I do know that this is the case of M4's

I hope that helps.

Giz
    GizMo
    sigpic

Comment

Hi Giz,

thanks for that I'll have a look when I get home.

Comment

Right ho, I thought I'd post my findings on here in case it helps anyone else.

As Giz mentioned above the fire selector position retention works in the following manner (on a navy MP5). On the side of the selector with the small screw holding it on, there is a small metal retention plate. This holds in a spring loaded ball head pin that protrudes a mm or two from the flush face of the selector switch. The actual MP5 body has three small holes recessed in it which when the selector switch is moved allows the ball head to be pushed forwards and drop into the hole relative to the desired selector position.

Generally its a pretty sh1te design as dragging a spring loaded metal ball head or bearing across a plastic body is going to wear it over time, as it has on mine, and while I have managed to make the pin protrude a little more it still does not give particularly positive positioning.

Comment

out of all the mp5s that i have experienced, TM, ICS, CA, GG, CYMA, MARUZEN, ics has the worse feel in the clicking department of the selector switch, which led me to actually swap my lower for a CA,just to rectify it, also i found the SEF to be more robust than the Navy versions
          VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
          trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Harlequin Find out more about Harlequin
          Working...
          X