Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrades for UMG

Hello all,

Would like help on the following as i really want to get the best out of the UMG as i love it's weight and shape and feel!

Now i had an m4, but found it a little heavy for my liking and not liking the idea of everyone having one!

So i got a second hand UMG made by G&G.

What i want to get out of this gun is more ROF and slightly harder hitting power.

What would i need to do to achieve this?

Can someone put links on what motor, springs and gears i should get as im no good with buying stuff. Dont want to buy the wrong items.

Any advice will help
    Last edited by sj_asc; 9 June, 2014, 14:28. Reason: Moved to tech section

Re: Upgrades for UMG

Could really do with some numbers to help properly, otherwise it will just be generic answers bud; so if you know what the Fps and Rof is now, what you would like it to be, and what your budget is then you can get a concise answer!

Comment

Hi Scotty Dog

well my budget is for £100 can be more if need be.

My rate of fire is at 11 - 16 shot. Would like to increase it to 20 - 25 if it is possible and without killing my gun.
      My fps is at 320 would like to get it to 340 or 350.

Is this do-able with the budget i have?

Thanks

Comment

High torque motor: SHS high torque (around £35ish) or even better a Lonex a2 (£45ish).

Sorbo pad and some Shims (£5-8)

Bearing spring guide (£7)

MOSFET (£20)

M110 spring/M120 (and short stroke it a bit) - (around a £10)

Lipo battery (no more then £20 dependent on size)

The stock g&g piston, head and cylinder head are pretty good so I'd leave them in. The gears are good too, so just keep them in until you really wanted to kick up the Rof, then get yourself a 13:1 gearset (the SHS ones are good for the money). If you're looking for a bit more consistency for your Fps, consider an o-ring nozzle (£6/7).

Other than that good shimming and nice grease!

Comment

Thanks Scotty Dog!

Does anyone know if a 11v lipo will work well with umg in stock form?

Comment

The stock g&g motor isn't too great so I wouldn't recommend it, and I definitely wouldn't run it without a MOSFET or a Sorbo pad. You'd be fine with a 7.4v with a lipo; or even easier just run a 9.9 LiFe battery and you won't even necessarily need the MOSFET. But it's always worth putting one in just for the sake of longevity, and the better trigger response (and a slight increase in Rof on top of what you gain from the battery).

Comment

Sorry to sound like a total idiot but never heard of "9.9 LiFe battery" would i require a new charger for this battery? Thanks for all the great advice to :D

Comment

They're relatively new in airsoft form but the RC model crowd have used them for quite a while. The 9.9v LiFe won't give you the same performance as a 11.1v LiPo, but you can run one without a MOSFET and your trigger contacts are not prone to quite the same arching as under a Lipo. You do need a different charger than a LiPo or a NiMh one, but if you get a good balance charger (eg. The IMAX b6 usually around £25/30) it will charge LiPo, LiFe and NiMh batteries safely.

If you want the best performance gain get a MOSFET and an 11.1v lipo; if you don't fancy rewiring or fitting a MOSFET a 9.9v LiFe provides a ready to run alternative.

Comment

defo will try the 9.9v life battery, would you know where to get the battery and charger from as ill buy one now hehe Also thank you as i don't really want to spend £100+ on a few more bb's per second, if a simple battery swap will help!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

strigoi Find out more about strigoi
                  Working...
                  X