Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge sporadic FPS Variation.

After some advice/thoughts.

Bought a new AEG last week and today was it's first run-out for a skirmish.

In the shop it chronoed at around the 340/350 mark, not used it at all since other than to set the hop.

Went to chrono at start of day today and put 10 rounds through which all came out around 110. Obviously my face drained of colour and I was a little upset.

I went to change the battery to see if this was the issue (I was advised battery wouldn't affect FPS). So put the original battery back in, went back and re - chronoed. Lo and behold it starts kicking out at 350/360.

Does anyone know of a reason behind this, and why basically unplugging and re attaching a battery would suddenly fix it, and could it happen again!

Thanks K.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Re: Huge sporadic FPS Variation.

Your fps is dictated by the spring and quality of your air seal. As long as the battery can complete a cycle, your fps should remain the same. Very strange!

I would try chronoing with different mags. It could be a feed issue affecting your air seal.

Sent on Tapatalk, apologies for spelling!

Comment

Did you use the same crono. 110 meters a second is close to 360 fps. The other thing is it could be caused by the battery voltage being low so it is affecting the tappet plate timing however I don't think that would be possible due to the piston being released when the tappet plate is forward it would take a very fast motor to affect it not a slow one

Sent from my HTC One max using Tapatalk
      Using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks guys. Didn't think about the MPS / FPS thing, that would explain it and be a nice easy answer

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

You say the gun is brand new and barely used?

It needs bedding in.

Spend £10 on a bottle of decent quality 0.2g BBs (Blasters will do nicely)
          Shoot the whole bottle through the gun (3000 rounds)

This should now have helped bed the gun in and let everything settle.

After you have done this, try chrono'ing again. You should be more consistent now.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

km2339 Find out more about km2339
          Working...
          X