C rating of LiPo and LiFe batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C rating of LiPo and LiFe batteries

Hello, I was just wondering if someone could give me an idiots explanation of the C rating of LiPo and LiFe batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: C rating of LiPo and LiFe batteries

higher = better
    The Airsoft Knowledge Base Project is where we will be building up information, guides, fixes and other Airsoft knowledge.

Comment

Times the C rating by the capacity of the battery i.e. 3000mAh to get the maximum current in mA for example a C rating of 20C and a burst rating of 30C on a 1000mAh battery would mean that burst current it could provide 30A and for long periods of time a current of 20A
      PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

Ah thanks boss

Comment

remember though that the more amps you're pushing the more strain you're putting on your motor. While a 50C 3300mAh RC battery sounds like an awesome idea you'll probably annihilate your gearbox/motor in a matter of days!

Comment

C stands for Coulomb(s), which is the disamount of charge that passes a specific point in 1 second when the current is 1 Amp. It means the discharge rate. A higher rating means more charge (read: electrical energy) is output from the battery than a battery with a lower C rating.
            Last edited by REMSoft; 13 June, 2014, 15:43. Reason: Clarification

Comment

Now that makes total sense, I was just wondering if it's something LiPo specific as you never see it on nimhs etc. Does a higher coulomb then mean that the battery will drain faster?

Comment

A very good article here that explains it all

Comment

C rating is the amount of energy that you can draw from the battery at once.

I run a helicopter battery on my gun, its a 7.4 80c. the rate of fire pisses on all 11.1's. I have no fear of burning out my motor. A motor is just an electrical component and will only every draw as much as it needs. A higher C (read amps) battery will just ensure that the motor runs at its maximum potential. The motor will never run past what it can handle and adding an infinitely bigger C battery at 7.4V will not yield infinite speed - its not possible. In fact im sure my motor draws around 50C. I also have a 50C battery and the difference in ROF between the 50C and the 80C in none. I only use the bigger one because its a higher MAH.

Word of warning though. Unless you want to be picking melted silicone out of your gearbox I suggest you get some 16 or 14 awg Teflon coated wire and replace the stock stuff with that. Less resistance and it can handle more heat.
                  I know what i said because i was standing here when i said it.

ICS FAN - Always looking for parts. PM me what you have

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

samsam2010samsam Find out more about samsam2010samsam
                  Working...
                  X