Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

What is the best AEG gearbox you could make for an m4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best AEG gearbox you could make for an m4?

Hi,
    Looking to build the best aeg gearbox for an M4,
    I am about to undergo a project and I would like some opinions
    On what everyone else has or has plans for the best one you can make
    What do you have?
    Last edited by sj_asc; 16 June, 2014, 13:37. Reason: Moved to Tech Section
    GZW Regulars
    Looking for PSG-1
    Or MTP Plate carrier (6094)

Re: What is the best AEG gearbox you could make for an m4?

the best gearbox is one that is reliable and consistant, if you want to spend money for uber parts then start with a pro-win gearbox and hop-up chamber, seigetec gears and BTC Spectre mosfet, that little lot would cost you around £500
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I've tried just about everyone high end gearbox and I've found that the Pro Win is the best.

Comment

I was under the impression the Pro-Win gearbox is no longer available, and hasn't been for several years.

Anyway, the question "what is the best AEG gearbox you could make for an M4" is insufficiently specific. Best for what, exactly? Rate of fire? Accuracy? Power? You need to tell us (a) what your budget is, and (b) what you want the gearbox to do when it's assembled.

Comment

Most reliable (and giving a sensible rate of fire) for me would be:
          Modify Torus GB Shell
          Lonex Piston (Blue)
          Guarder Polycarb piston head
          Seigetek 13:1 gears
          SHS Cylinder
          SHS Cylinderhead
          Deepfire nozzle
          Ultimate tappet plate
          BTC Spectre Mosfet
          Lonex A2
          Siegetek Pinion Gear on the A2
          Sorbo Pad
          ProWin hop unit (really is an extension of the gearbox)

Run the whole thing on a largish 11.1V lipo, set precocking on semi, limit rof to a realistic amount on auto, go out and beat every other airsofter ever because good guns make you a better player (not).
          Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

The question is too broad mate, especially considering the huge variety of parts available. What works in one setup might not in another and so on and so forth.

This essentially boils down to "What am bestest gears, what am bestest piston.... etc etc."
            Upcoming Games:
            None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
            Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

Originally posted by PureSilver View Post
              I was under the impression the Pro-Win gearbox is no longer available, and hasn't been for several years.
              You are right, they haven't been made for years, but they do pop up from time to time on the second hand market. In fact I think there is one for sale on this forum right now.

Comment

Opinions could span miles with no performance goals. What are your aims? FPS, ROF etc?
                dsgdreamteam

Comment

Originally posted by PureSilver View Post

Anyway, the question "what is the best AEG gearbox you could make for an M4" is insufficiently specific. Best for what, exactly? Rate of fire? Accuracy? Power? You need to tell us (a) what your budget is, and (b) what you want the gearbox to do when it's assembled.
                  Sorry for not making it clear enough i want mosty a sensible rate of fire with something of a £400 and something that has a nice trigger pull that is responsive, and has about a 350 fps
                  Tell me if this is not clear enough but i don't think i would be able to go with proWin as hard to get
                  GZW Regulars
                  Looking for PSG-1
                  Or MTP Plate carrier (6094)

Comment

In my opinion, Systema complete mech - Energy or Revolution. High-end. And you can stop thinking about "the best" ;-)

Odoslané z iPhone pomocou Tapatalk

Comment

How good are you at teching? I don't mean to be rude but if your asking this question then I presume you that you know what you want but don't know how. If that's the case, I could give you £1000 worth of parts, but knowing what to do with them, is a whole other story. how to make them work with each other, what to do it X is happening etc.. I find that its all about having the bits work together in harmony. Ive gone out and bought expensive piston heads ets only to find that the stock one worked best. if you change one thing be prepared to start changing other bits too.

My advice is, have a goal. Then change ONE bit at a time, rebuild it, chrono it and see if it does whats expected. If not, change it back and change a different part.

Ive had Guarder piston heads that didn't like the chamber and created bad air seals etc.

Get what you have as a platform and slowly work from there.

If there was an 'ultimate' gearbox, then it would be on sale and id have it in my guns, but alas, £100's later and many, many guns and boxes tested and there just isn't a golden rule.
                      I know what i said because i was standing here when i said it.

ICS FAN - Always looking for parts. PM me what you have

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Union Find out more about Union
                      Working...
                      X