G&D DTW lots of problems :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&D DTW lots of problems :)

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could shed any light onto the problems I've been having with my G&D DTW.

It was my 3rd time using it this weekend and it started chopping the hell out of BB's, they were literally coming out the end of the barrel in fragments and ranging about 10 meters at high speed in big swirly fecked up circles. Must have fired about 10 shots and this happened. So I thought maybe the hop rubber needed warmed up or something. I fired a few three round bursts and on the third burst the mosfet alarm went off loud and clear but started to slow down and the alarm noise stopped as if it was a battery draining. Smoke came out of the stock tube so I disconnected the lipo and let it cool down, when I reconnect a battery the TW shoots full auto on its own without me pulling the trigger. I assume the mosfet is dead.

The retailer it was purchased from no longer has any business with STTS as far as I'm aware and STTS just keep telling me to contact ** ******* who are approved technicians. Can't help but feel a little short-changed, but in my own opinion it looks like the best option is to ship this to JD, let them look at it and if the costs are over half the price of the RIF it's being split and sold for parts to fund a proper TW!

Anyone else had any major problems with G&D's like this?
    sigpic

Re: G&D DTW lots of problems

I've used them and they are incredible. I had a full etiny setup and stuff installed. In regards to the chopping my guess would be the cylinder is bouncing, fixing this involved having the stock tube cap shimmed for a better fit and now it feeds perfect
    The clown has no penis

Comment

Chopping is 80% of the time either the Cylinder bouncing as the chap said above. Or worn o-ring at the nozzle. The other 20% is poor quality bb's, or poorly positioned hop adjuster. As for the full auto issue, that would most likely be the mosfet. I would first however look for nicks in the wiring to make sure it isn't just shorting out. If it is the electrics, i'd advise changing them out for an E-tiny set. They are far better quality and will make your rifle function flawlessly for many thousands of rounds.

Comment

it sounds like the stock mosfet has gone. luckily G&D have just released a new type (shorter) which is a direct swap. As Huntr has said getting a full etiny setup is the way forward but the new G&D mosfet is a lot cheaper and should get you firing again.
        The chopping BB's could be a couple of things. easiet thing to do is swap cylinders with someone to check that it isn't causing the problem. the nozzle working loose, the small o ring missing and the screw holding the piston head on are all symptoms of chopping BB's. If it's been firing fine before then it's unlikely to be the hop/hop rubber. It might even be the BB's if you have swapped brands.
        Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

Just seen the new DTW mosfet, for the price i'd say it's worth a punt. It looks like they've copied the E-tiny design which is good. I just hope they didn't use the same parts Airsoft Surgeon did. As those were utter crap.

Comment

Lads you are gents, I'll try the above.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by APB View Post
              Hi, I was wondering if anyone could shed any light onto the problems I've been having with my G&D DTW.

It was my 3rd time using it this weekend and it started chopping the hell out of BB's, they were literally coming out the end of the barrel in fragments and ranging about 10 meters at high speed in big swirly fecked up circles. Must have fired about 10 shots and this happened. So I thought maybe the hop rubber needed warmed up or something. I fired a few three round bursts and on the third burst the mosfet alarm went off loud and clear but started to slow down and the alarm noise stopped as if it was a battery draining. Smoke came out of the stock tube so I disconnected the lipo and let it cool down, when I reconnect a battery the TW shoots full auto on its own without me pulling the trigger. I assume the mosfet is dead.

The retailer it was purchased from no longer has any business with STTS as far as I'm aware and STTS just keep telling me to contact XXXXX who are approved technicians. Can't help but feel a little short-changed, but in my own opinion it looks like the best option is to ship this to XX, let them look at it and if the costs are over half the price of the RIF it's being split and sold for parts to fund a proper TW!

Anyone else had any major problems with G&D's like this?
              Sorry to be late to the party!

I had the same issues with mine and can confirm that the chopping can be fixed by carrying out 2 simple operations

1 - Shim the cylinder so that it takes a fair whack to open
              2 - Open up the cylinder and give it a bloody good clean particularly around the nozzle/piston head

Odd firing is probably the mosfet, but you may have caught the data cables when closing the thing up... That was the cause of my similar problems. The shop where you bought it were kind enough to give me a new data cable for nothing (the also do shims), so may be worth a trip.

R

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

APB Find out more about APB
              Working...
              X