Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help removing barrel from Dytac M4

Hi All

Trying to strip down my Dytac M4 so I can fit a longer barrel and a free float rail but cant seem to get the barrel out (well TBO I don't know how to go about it).

Ive had a look at a bunch of video's but they all seem to be using AR rench's that fit on a star, if you look at the attached pictures you can see all I have is holes in the ring around the barrel?
    Any help with this would be much appreciated indeed..

Re: Help removing barrel from Dytac M4

Also when I took the old rail off there was 2 pins inside the delta ring (see image) don't know what they are for?

Comment

OK - figured out I need one of these http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=2726

Comment

Yes you do. If you turn the wrench over you will see 3 pins (you can just see one in the pic above). They fit into the holes where you have removed the 2 pins from the ring with many holes. Then a bit of elbow grease and it should undo and be able to be removed. This will release the barrel from the receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by skippyasi View Post
          Yes you do. If you turn the wrench over you will see 3 pins (you can just see one in the pic above). They fit into the holes where you have removed the 2 pins from the ring with many holes. Then a bit of elbow grease and it should undo and be able to be removed. This will release the barrel from the receiver.
          Thanks! Do you know if Dytac glue there barrel nuts on, I've read somewhere that some of the manufactures do? :-(

Comment

I've had G&P M4s that have had some glue at the barrel nut and flash hider.
            Managed with a bit of force after heating up the threads. Others I've talked to suggested using an acetone based spirit, nail polish remover has been said to have some effect.
            Be careful though as acetone etches plastic o_O
            As mentioned above, use an armourer's wrench then go from there.
            Horsemen unite!!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

xrayhead Find out more about xrayhead
            Working...
            X