Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G36c tightbore and hop

Hi all,
    I want to get a tightbore barrel and upgrade the hop up on my SRC G36c (Gen. II). When I get the tightbore I'm going to get a 245mm "King Arms Silent Option 245 Light Weight Silencer" as well, which says the inner barrel can extend into it. Seeing as the G36c's standard barrel is 247mm, a 245mm silencer should give me room for up to 492mm of barrel.

I was wondering:

a) If anyone has had first hand experience of the silencer (to ensure that it CAN take a longer inner barrel)

b) What parts should I buy to upgrade the hop?

c) What type of tightbore barrel should I buy?
    Others till I die

Re: G36c tightbore and hop

You are correct....

Although a 24cm silencer on a G36c is going to look absurd surly?

Is this for looks, or do you think a longer barrel is going to make your gun better..... because it won't, lol.

Comment

Yeah I know, it's just that apparently there isn't any form of inner barrel on the silencer so if a bb goes stray it can rip up the foam on the inside of the silencer, and there's only like a £5 difference in price between a 247 and a 445mm barrel. I might go for a 200mm silencer rather than 245 as well, as while 245 might be a bit long, guns look wrong with really short silencers.
      Others till I die

Comment

Two things....

1. The foam don't do anything anyway really.

2. If it is shooting THAT out of line, you have serious issues.

200mm silencer with a 363mm barrel should do the trick, and keep them in line.

The longer the barrel, more air you got to force out!

Comment

Kk. Thanks for that
          Any ideas about the hop?
          Others till I die

Comment

Keep the unit, hop rubber/nub is all to do with opinion.

Good things been said about Guarder clear, Systema, TM, Firefly and Prometheus! H nubs seem to be quite popular at the moment :D

As for the barrel, the "standard" choice if there was such as thing is the Madbull tightbores.

Comment

And all those hop bits work with SRC, yes?
              Others till I die

Comment

I would rather like to know the answer to this last question as well.

Comment

Apparently they do.
                  Others till I die

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                    Two things....

1. The foam don't do anything anyway really.

2. If it is shooting THAT out of line, you have serious issues.
                    One thing to bear in mind. If you are moving the barrel as you fire, a perfectly straight shot can still hit something inside the silencer. My MP5SD has loads of white marks on the inside of the front of the silencer where BBs have hit it, despite it firing dead straight when it is held still. The BB goes in a straight line from the end of the inner barrel, but move the gun enough and you move the silencer into the path of the shot. I think it was Rampage who explained this to me (though it may have been someone else) while I was bitching about the number of hits that the end cap of my silencer was taking.

Hitting the inside of the silencer won't do any damage as such, but the shots that do hit it are wasted as they will have no accuracy at all. A longer inner barrel won't give you much of an improvement in range, will give you some increase in accurate range and will definitely improve the groupings at your current accurate range, but it will definitely also increase the number of shots that actually make it past the silencer and on towards your target.
                    sigpic

Comment

i had a stubby ACM silencer on my G36C and a 363mm M4 barrel was the perfect length and ran to the exact end of the silencer to within 1mm.

No issues with BBs hitting the inside of that when you moved the gun

Smiffy
                      G&P SR-25 CA M14 WE 1911

If we have traded and i haven't left feedback feel free to remind me by PM.

Just 'cause i'm online doesn't mean i'm sat at my computer, i could actually be doing some work for a change.

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
                        Hitting the inside of the silencer won't do any damage as such, but the shots that do hit it are wasted as they will have no accuracy at all. A longer inner barrel won't give you much of an improvement in range, will give you some increase in accurate range and will definitely improve the groupings at your current accurate range, but it will definitely also increase the number of shots that actually make it past the silencer and on towards your target.
                        Yeah that was basically what I was thinking. Now I just need the money for a TB and also where to find one... :S
                        I can't find any 363mm Madbull TBs so I was wondering if the Guarder ones were as good? Also If you see any 363mm Madbulls in stock then can you PM me?
                        Others till I die

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ElCarl Find out more about ElCarl
                        Working...
                        X