Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King Arms Colt M4A1 - Fuse?

Hi there,

I want to know how to get into my airsoft rifle to find its fusebox (and also check the trigger contacts).

This is what the dissasembled gun looks like right now : http://i.imgur.com/FyQKy4L.jpg

The second takedown pin seems to be stuck, it's mostly out but the last part (pointy part) is stuck in the receiver.

Re: King Arms Colt M4A1 - Fuse?

the actual takedown pin may not come all the way out, some have a small clip on the inside which prevents the pin from leaving th receiver, basically so they don't get lost. There is also a small pin which needs to be knocked out. See where it says 'Safe', look about 2cm to the left, see the pin? This needs to come out for the gearbox to come out. You will also have to undo your magazine release, as this will also prevent the gearbox from coming out.

There is no 'fusebox' inside the gearbox. If your gun has a fuse, it will be somewhere in the external wiring. If theres nothing there, the gun doesn't have a fuse. Not all of them do.
    sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

Thanks pal

Have done all that and realized what I had to do, quickly after posting this. yeah i figured these were self retaining or something haha, which is great. The only problem I have is removing the magazine release. Could you PM me where I could buy a screw driver small enough to fit in there. I have an allen key almost small enough but not quite. Also once I have bought something to remove the mag release do you believe my trigger contacts are what is at fault? While it used to work every time I did use the trigger I heard a small electrical fizzle/pop. I can worry about that once I've got something to take off the mag release though! hahaa

Comment

Screwdriver, look to Amazon, B&Q, any hobby shop which sells tools. Ive build up my airsoft tool box from those places and such.

I don't know what was wrong with the gun before, or why it stopped working. Could be trigger contacts, they do build up carbon on there overtime and such, but equally, theres other things which could have gone wrong. don't rush things if you've not opened it before, theres loads of guides on youtube.
        sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

Hi pal,

I was afraid you weren't gonna reply! haha I meant to ask what size diamater the allen key needs to be to fit in the magazine catch.

I've just bought this set: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rolson-28296.../dp/B005GOQ9T6 as I think one of the hex screws is 0.7mm.

Could you also list me the tools of your airsoft box. I figure I might as well be kitted out.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

trojanhorse Find out more about trojanhorse
          Working...
          X