Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ics mp5 firing problem

Hi guys

I've just bought a gun from a member on here took It for a game day and it packed up on me. Bbs are getting stuck in the hop.

I've changed the rubber and it's still happening.

I don't know weather something in the gearbox is cause the problem or its the hop unit

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    sigpic

Re: Ics mp5 firing problem

Remove the barrel and hop assembly, dial the hop all to way off, and look through the barrel from the muzzle end whilst pointing it to a light source. If you can see the bucking mound it means you're over hopping. Try a softer nub, if you're still overhopping remove the nub completely.

Sent on Tapatalk, apologies for spelling!

Comment

I've tried it with the hop off mate and it still did it buyer will try swapping the nub. I don't think you can see it when you shine a light through it. But I'll double check

sigpic

Comment

What rubber you using bud? I got a 60 I think not sure I'll check my recipt and works great with my ics mp5sd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I'm on here so much I should be a moderator lool

Comment

It could be something else. Have you got good compression?

Comment

When I put my finger over the nozzle the gearbox jams and then makes a horrible grinding noise

sigpic

Comment

Ok you know that bit pops in and out like most aegs if you apply too much pressure your grind your gears

Comment

Ah right so that's normal? I guess if the piston stops. When I put my. Finger over its got good compression..

It's got a tight bore on there too. I'm. Wondering if I take the bucking out and try again

sigpic

Comment

Also I forgot to say. It would fire rounds and then if I stop start again that's when it jams. And if I keep. Firing it doesn't clear

Ps sorry for my phone sticking bloody full stops everywhere!

sigpic

Comment

You need the bucking in there for good compression... The hop unit is plastic yh?

Comment

I mean the nub mate not the bucking hehe

Yeah it's plastic mate

sigpic

Comment

If you remove the nub, you're basically removing the hop from the bb entirely, ruling out an issue with the bucking. It could that your are double feeding, I had this recently with a Guarded clear bucking. Same symptoms, even with the hop entirely. I replaced it with a lonex after trying to research the Guarder and realising it wasn't fitting well with my tight bore and hop up. It was basically too tight, the bucking was rucking up as I slid it into the hop up.

Comment

Careful when changing parts on an ICS, they seem to use a lot or proprietor y parts.
                          "If you pick the wrong fight, make sure you picked the right weapon"

Comment

What does that mean?

sigpic

Comment

ICS use non standard parts, for example their air nozzle on an MP5 is longer than a standard one (as I recently found out), I would also suspect from this that the hop unit would also quite possibly be different as the extra 1mm or so length on the nozzle will need to be accommodated in the hop of a slightly longer positioning on the body.

I'm sure someone who has more experience than me on ICS can advise further and the tech guys at Zero One are pretty good, they used to be the ICS main distributor at one point.

My bit of logic on your problem is that if bb's are "queuing" in the gun then it sounds like it is not shifting enough air through the system to move them out, hence the chap above suggesting ti might be the air compression as on all of my guns, even if I tighten the nub on the hop up fully they will still fire.
                              "If you pick the wrong fight, make sure you picked the right weapon"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

desolation91 Simon Find out more about desolation91
                              Working...
                              X