Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KWA CQR Mod 1

Alright Gents,

A friend of mine has a KWA CQR Mod 1 which is advertised as being under 350fps on .20 bbs. We have been chronoing it and at the minute its firing at around 370?? We've tried betting it in with two bottle of bb's and doesnt appear to have made much difference. The other funny thing is that with hop up fully off it fires under but when applied it goes over? I thought this should be the other way around as the bb doesnt have anything to hit and affect its velocity?? Any help guys will be much appreciated.

Re: KWA CQR Mod 1

Just thought id add that I think my friend is wrong about the hop adjustment situation ill be taking a look at the rifle later I think he has it the wrong way round. Any tips on lowering the fps by say 30 fps would be much appreciated?

Comment

Change the spring for a lower FPS. The majority of KWAs are made for the Asian and American markets, where their FPS limits are much higher than here in the UK. My SR10 out the box was doing a happy 420 FPS, also known in this country and DMR kinda velocities!

So, you need to change the spring for a weaker one to drop the FPS. Boxes can 'claim' to be any FPS they want. If you looked at two identical guns, bought in the UK and the box stated '400 FPS' and another which states '350 FPS', you'd buy the one which stated 350 as you think you don't have to do any work to it.

Also, hop units can affect the FPS like that. The hop unit adds spin the the pellet, in some hop units, this can increase the velocity of the round. So, set the hop unit to in game level, then worry about sorting the FPS. Like I've said above, best way is a spring change. Otherwise your looking at other ways of doing it which are all sub par
      sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

Wide bore barrel.

Simple to fit, no need to open the mech box, gain a (little) bit of accuracy too. Win,Win.

Comment

Ok guys someone at KWA has told me that there are two version of the rifle with different springs and air nozzles. I need to check later which one my friend has and change out the spring as relevant. Thanks for all your help.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

gzuk1984 Find out more about gzuk1984
          Working...
          X