New gun and Mag advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New gun and Mag advice

Quick question if I may, I have just purchased a new g&g CM18 MOD1, when using the mid caps on single shot (sometimes full auto) it sometimes dry fires, where the bb hasn't fed, but a little tap on the mag and the next few bb's fire ok, then it doesn't fire again, when using a high cap, no problems at all!!! they are genuine g&g mags, any ideas how to improve, or what the problem may be?

When using the mid caps at the weekend on the hire combat machines we had no problems!

Re: New gun and Mag advice

sounds like maybe you need to wear the bucking in ?

Comment

? sorry you have lost me completely! Im very new to all this

Comment

the bucking is a rubber sleeve that sits over the barrel (in the hop unit) it has a lip that you need to wear in so BBs pass with little force (but don't just roll straight through). The hire guns would be well used so they won't have this issue.
        That would be my initial guess, but if its just mid-caps, it could be they aren't lining up properly with the hop unit ? Try comparing the tops of your high caps and mid caps and seeing if they match up.

Comment

Mid caps might not be seated all the way in the magwell, when your firing there are slight vibrations that can cause the magazine to work its way out, how loose are the magazines in the magwell?

Comment

The madcaps are a tighter fit than the high caps, these are the newer g&g mid caps with the little feeding finger in them..

Comment

Just incase anybody is interested, I have solved the problem, as you can see from the first picture the top of the mid cap isn't flush, the outer sits higher than the middle.

Photo 16-07-2014 20 30 44.jpg

The high cap is flush, somebody did mention that even the smallest difference may cause problems, so I put a slither of card at the bottom of the mid cap to raise the centre up flush, and it hasn't missed a beat since!

- - - Updated - - -

Photo 16-07-2014 20 31 17.jpg

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

pumba Find out more about pumba
              Working...
              X