Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Unexpected increase in ROF and trigger response.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unexpected increase in ROF and trigger response.

Hi guys (first post here),

I have a JG g36c, which I have never opened, but which had a spring change when I bought it (more on that later). As far as I know this is the only modification which has been made to it. It has had about 1500 rounds through it in all.
    My problem is this: after plinking for a bit yesterday (using a 7.4v lipo) I pulled the trigger on semi to clear the chamber and found the gun to sound noticably different (less of a 'whine' and more of a 'whap'). Upon further investigation, my trigger response seems to be considerably snappier, and the ROF is a little higher as well. Is there anything anyone can think of that could be causing this?
    Another, possibly related, issue: when I bought the gun I was told that a new spring had been installed, and that it would be under 350 fps. When I took the gun to a game, however, it chronoed at around 365 fps, and on occasional shots jumped to around 390 fps. Is it possible that the new spring was not yet broken in? If so, could my sudden change in trigger response be a result of the spring settling down to a weaker level?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: Unexpected increase in ROF and trigger response.

Sounds like you've broken in your spring quite nicely.

Comment

The motor brushes also 'bed-in' after a while, increasing the current flow slightly.

Comment

or the spring has simply broken......

Comment

Originally posted by RitchieTheBrit View Post
          So if the spring has broken in, would it be worth taking it to be chronoed again (as I was originally planning on just buying a weaker spring)? It needs to be under 350 fps for my local site.

Thanks for the responses guys.

Comment

I would certainly try that first. See if consistency has improved as well.

Comment

Originally posted by RitchieTheBrit View Post
              Yeap sounds like you have broken in the gearbox
              I'm on here so much I should be a moderator lool

Comment

something moved, but if the gun is happy, consitent over the chrono and sounds okay..make hay while the sun shines
                -'Sly villain! Thou does not acknowledge thine hits!'
                -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Comment

Spring breaking in is barely a thing, let alone a sudden thing.

What's more likely is that you've had the motor up too high in the grip, causing the whining. Something has knocked it, or it's slipped, and now sits where it should.

As for the downgrade, well that's just bad downgrading

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

WH45 Find out more about WH45
                  Working...
                  X