Ics turbo 3000 connector snapped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ics turbo 3000 connector snapped

Hi guys and girls was wondering if it is possible to repair a motor connector on the motor as mine decided it was gonna snap on me....

If there not repairable could someone advise me on a good replacement for my mp5 sd

Thanks for looking
    I'm on here so much I should be a moderator lool

Re: Ics turbo 3000 connector snapped

i guess just soldering the male part of a connector onto the motor would work, otherwise if i didnt want to fork out for a new motor id just solder the wire to the motor itself.

if u still had the tab id just solder it back on though
    mk18 systema ptw, bolt b4a1, Ultimate built m4, mauser psg1, ksc X-Five, dan wesson 4", we baby hi-capa,

Comment

Yh I don't have a soldiering iron... Guess I'm gonna end up shelling out on a new one....
      Not sure what motor to but tho, only sure that it's gotta be a long type motor...
      Any suggestions on a new motor?

Comment

i would highly recommend the shs and element torque motors, though if u wanna fork out about $45 and wait a while the big dragon m160 motors are amazing for the price!
        i own one of each and id say the element one is a bit better than the shs imo.
        mk18 systema ptw, bolt b4a1, Ultimate built m4, mauser psg1, ksc X-Five, dan wesson 4", we baby hi-capa,

Comment

I did the same with my motor and unless you can get the replacement connectors, then the easiest thing is to solder the wires. Otherwise it's a case of getting a new motor. Unless anyone Knows where you can get replacement connectors at all

Comment

Google spade connectors, male on the motor endball and female on wire connection. If the motor is worth keeping buy a motor endball, unscrew the motor and then simply replace the endball.

Comment

Also just read you don't have a soldering iron - buy one! You will use it more times than you can count! Soldering irons, dremel, drills all incredibly useful for any enthusiast - doing anything!

If you DIY a bit more than the common peasent then you need to purchase an iron

Comment

Yh I'll get one eventually... Just being lazy and want a quick fix... I'm quite sure I'm gonna go for a shs high torque motor as a replacement people speak very highly of them... And thanks for your advice guys really helped me out

Comment

Yes the SHS high torques are good for the price. All SHS products are. The best cost effective motors are guarder, lonex, and possibly some others I can't think of. The SHS HT will do you wonders

Comment

I was looking at the lonex A5 I think it was little bit more pricey... And couldn't find much online review wise... Just want my baby back from the dead... It's a sore sight her being in pieces lol

Comment

The SHS HT can be had for ~30, far superior than the A5.

Don't go with those because they are ferrous magnets. They're good for standard setups but they cost just as much as a really good neo can, so why downgrade?

Comment

Ok Trojan I'm gonna go with with shs...I'm far from a expert on aegs iv been thinking high speed gears but don't have any high bolt battery's would a 13:1 gears work with a 8.4v do you know? Iv been thinking lipo but am unsure as I don't have anywhere out of the house to charge it... And here story's of em exploding...

Comment

Hi mate

What speed spring do you have, 13:1s but more pull on the motor itself but inc trigger response and of course speed.

Pair that motor with SHS gears (there's a guy selling good gen 1s for cheap on this forum alone, a tenner) and you'll have a super quiet mechanical noise setup ( as long as you shim correctly)

My opinion? Let something break then upgrade it! Of course you can replace now and just use the old parts as spares.

Gears , motor , shim should run you about 40+

Lipo setup can cost around 60-70 for a solid setup

For lipos there is no need to be afraid of anything... As with everything take care of it and you will be fine.
                          When I say take care of it, I really don't mean anything extensive or difficult. Simply charge it using a BALANCE (intellegienr) charger, and that will do most of the work for you. Charge in a fire safe bag and charge it near where you are, do not leave it while you go shopping!

Go on Airsoft Society and other forums... I doubt you'll get much help here lol

Comment

I'm pretty sure the pinion gear on the ICS motor is proprietary so you may need to swap it over if you buy a new motor, unless of course you are replacing the rest of the gears at the same time.

Comment

I know this post is quite old, but I was searching on Google for fixes/solutions to the same problem and came across this thread.

I have an ICS 3000 motor fitted in my ICS LSW (L86A2) that I had bought after buying the rifle from an airsoft website. It was actually a replacement for the existent ICS motor that was fitted in the rifle when I bought it, that is it was a replacement, because one of the metal contacts snapped off the motor that was fitted in the gun when I bought it.

I must say the metal contacts on the motors are pretty shoddy and it wasn't long before I was struck down with having one of the connectors snap on the new ICS 3000 motor. It seems they just aren't manufactured for the rigors of the game they were designed for.

Here I am today, having driven 40 miles from where I live to the site I play at and the LSW's spade contact onto the motor connector was worn and needed a new spade connector fitting to it, this was done on site. On reconstructing the rifles lower onto the main part of the rifle, still no power to the gun. on reinspecting the contacts, yeah, curse of the snapping connectors again. Too p*ssed off to get a hire gun, I went home, back along the 40 mile journey I took only an 30 mins earlier.

Site owner has gone on at length at me about getting a SHS motor since before I bought the ICS 3000 motor, but surely, if a connector is gonna snap in a ICS 3000 motor, it's going to do exactly the same with a SHS motor too? Same inherent problem.

Anyway, the ICS wiring is just long enough to connect to the motor with little or no give in the wiring. Tidy maybe, but taut, no. Pulling connectors off the motor to service the gearbox, you have to have the patience of a saint and the slightest of touch not to damage the contacts on the motor.

Anyway, enough is enough.

Fortunately having spare parts from the last motor which I'm going to try out, the plan is to produce extension wires from the motor contacts, tie-wrap them against the motor bracket and then fit them with male spade connectors so they can fit with the ICS wiring's existing female spade connectors. Therefore any future rifle servicing, I'll be disconnecting the ICS wiring from the wires connected to the motor and not the contacts on the motor, reducing any wear and tear on the contacts.

I'm pretty much an amateur when it comes to doing rifle mod's so if anyone's got any suggestions to make on my plans, they would be greatly welcome.

Thanks,

Compo.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ReconRabbit Find out more about ReconRabbit
                              Working...
                              X