VFC Scar-L Barrel Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFC Scar-L Barrel Removal

Hi guys. I've got myself a VFC Scar and as many may know it comes with the long and shorter CQB barrels. Only drawback to the shorter barrel is having to remove the hop unit from the longer one to attach to the barrel you want to put in. My plan was to simply buy another hop unit and attach that to the shorter CQB barrel so I can switch between them a lot easier.

I managed to find a place that sells the VFC hop unit (even though their out of stock currently) but the one thing I am at a loss on is how to remove the actual inner barrel from the outer barrel. :-/ The booklet with the gun showed how to pull all the parts apart and how to remove the flash hider but after this simply shows arrows showing to slide the inner barrel+hop unit out but it seems to be really stuck in there somehow. Anyone removed one before and know what I (and it seems the instruction book) has missed out so as to be able to pull it out?
    Democracy: Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
    Liberty: A well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

TM M4 CQB-R SOPMOD, WE M1911 SILVER x2, KJW MK1, KWA USP .45, KWA MP9 (soon)

Re: VFC Scar-L Barrel Removal

sent a link to a takedown guide on airsoft canada looks simple to do
    Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Thanks mate. The takedown guide at the link was close enough to the same as what was shown in the booklet but didn't show how to take apart the inner barrel to replace it with the alternative barrel.

Comment

Strip the gun as you would.

Take the gas block out where the hop up adjustment tool is and it should come apart which then has a small allen/torx wrench.

Undo the screws in the Rails and the two on the small black oval things on the side of the gun.
        Barrel assembly should slip out. Where the hopup is located there are two small allen grub screws which need to be undone. Inner barrel will slip out.

There is a massive HK Store that has a very similar name to the World Golf Championship stocks almost all replacement parts for the SCAR. You can pick up an extra hop there so you can swap between.

Just wish they sold the complete barrel assembly and lower reciver with the gearbox all ready to go, so you can have 350fps for outdoors and a 300 or so for indoors and swap them aboot.
        SAVE OUR SPORT
        http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

Ok. Remove the lower receiver.

Loosen the three retaining bolts on each side of the upper receiver using the supplied hop-adjust tool in the front gas block.

Pull the outer barrel assembly forward and down to reveal the outer barrel and hop assembly.

You will see two large holes and then one small hole on either side of the barrel block just in front of the hop assembly. Those small holes contain two small grub screws that pass through this block and stop the inner barrel from being fully removed.

Note their relative position and the amount of play the inner barrel and hop assembly have.

Undo both grub screws sufficiently that the inner barrel assembly will pop out under the power of the spring attached to the hop unit. (don't loose that spring)

Re fitting is the opposite of removal. This whole procedure should take a bout a minute.

I can put up pics later on tonight if this will help. :D

Phil...

Comment

Snap! :D:D:D

Comment

Aaah awesome, thank you SO much guys for the help there. Was exactly what I had needed to know. I'll give that site a go and place an order for another hop unit. Till then I won't be taking it apart, lol.

Thanks for the help again guys.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ammo Find out more about Ammo
              Working...
              X