G&G Gr16 custom: Feeding Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G Gr16 custom: Feeding Issue

Hi guys, I have had a G&G Gr16 for about 4 years now and recently spent a load on upgrading it with a M4A1 barrel, Moe hand grips, Moe pistol grip, PTS rear stock, holo sight and Dytac body. Since new the feeding wasn't brilliant but It did work. The problem now is that the magazine sits lose in the Mag well and doesn't go up far enough for the hop up to push the stopper on the top of the mag back. I have to hold the mag up to get it to release BBs.

I wanted to know if there was any fixes I could try (I have already tired tape and putting things in the mag well but they don't last).
    Also would it be worth getting a new body and gearbox as the G&G gearbox isn't much cop, and the body has been damaged skirmishing.

Thanks
    P.S If any body is interested I can upload pics on request

Re: G&G Gr16 custom: Feeding Issue

Well the easiest solution is to try a few different hop units, the Madbull 3 in 1 seems to give the least issue. Otherwise you could file back the latch in your mags that holds the bbs within it. However, remove too much and your mags won't hold the bbs as well so exercise caution.
    Realistically, however, it sounds like your receiver, hop unit and mag combination don't play well together so you will need to change or alter at least one of these.
    Hope this helps buddy.
    ave nex alea

Comment

Hi Remus, thanks for the advice
      I tried changing the mag latch, the ones that were fitted were a shallower angle than the replacements, which helped a bit but I still have to hold the mag in. Are there any longer hop up units or are they all the same size, and would changing the mag catch help as I have one that is slightly bigger

Comment

Just to let you guys know I have just bought a Gas blow back gearbox which I hope should fit better than my current one which should help the problem

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TrainsCDG Find out more about TrainsCDG
        Working...
        X