Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CYMA AK Spring downgrade

Hiya folks,

I've got a nice shiny new CYMA AK on the way and am aware these things shoot over 400fps.

As such, I was wondering, for those of you that have such guns, what springs you bought to get it to the 350FPS mark. I'd like to try and make sure I only have to open the GB the once to change springs and thus advice on 90/100 etc would be useful (I believe the one I have on the way is 430ish on a 125).

Cheers!
    "If you pick the wrong fight, make sure you picked the right weapon"

Re: CYMA AK Spring downgrade

I own a Cyma AK. As with most AEGs (especially cheaper) the quoted FPS that retailers put up is not a hard number but an estimate. Mine arrived new shooting 370 and after shooting two mags of 550 BBs through it the FPS dropped to 340 and then stabilized. Others I know have had new AEGs turn up shooting sub 350 on their first skirmish only to have it chrono at 400+ on their second skirmish.

My theory on this is that the gun has been in storage for some time between manufacture and sale and the grease has congealed and so the airseal has been compromised until heavy use has warmed it up and spread it around the cylinder again.

Basically its complicated, and no wise man here is going to say "if you do X, you'll definitely get Y". Best advice I can give: If you don't own a chrono, your safest bet is to go m90, and then if its too low for your tastes on your first skirmish with it upgrade it after but at least you'll be able to play it. If you do own a chrono, go m100, test, and if its too high trim the spring until its where you want it.

Either way you are going to be lucky to achieve your goal of only opening your gearbox once. And make sure you shoot a lot of BBs down it to bed everything in.

Comment

I've been using Guarder SP90's for a long time now, with a good airseal I'm hitting 325fps on .2's. If you want a safe bet use one of these, that extra 25fps isn't going to make any difference, the hop is far more important for range.

I've very recently fitted 2 x lonex/ultimate M100 springs and they started off 360ish and seemly quickly settled to low 340's. It's too soon to tell what they are really like but generally the lonex stuff is pretty good.

Unless you have some special setup (tweaked in various ways by a tech) rated springs shouldn't exceed what they say.

Comment

Cheers for the replies guys. I have an M90 and 100 on the way and have finally invested in a chrono so I shall tinker with it when it turns up.
        "If you pick the wrong fight, make sure you picked the right weapon"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Harlequin Find out more about Harlequin
        Working...
        X