MOSFET Issue - CA G3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOSFET Issue - CA G3

Hey guys, I'm having an issue with this Classic Army G3 and I believe its ASCU MOSFET (Video Below). This was skirmished by a friend at NAE and then just conked out. When you plug in a battery it will beep but when you try and fire it it will fire once and stop. You can re-plug the battery and go again with the same result. Program works but on all 4 modes the result is the same. There is no exposed wire so it is not a short circuit. The cut off lever appears to be engaging the MOSFET and was changed just in case so that's not it. It has been tested on a vast number of batteries NiMhs, LiPos, LiFes all charged and all to no avail. The gears arnt too tight and speed freely, while not wobbling. The spring was a clipped m120 but has now been changed to a m90 to eliminate a botched clipping as a possible cause. It has been tested on a Lonex A1, Lonex A2 and a CA high torque, all yielding the same result. Motor height has been played with and the selector plate checked. Help me out! Cheers guys.

Last edited by SunSpectre; 8 September, 2014, 23:24. Reason: Embedding Video
    Cardiff University Airsoft Society
    Like our Facebook page.
    And subscribe to our YouTube channel!
    sigpic

Re: MOSFET Issue - CA G3

I think I came across the same problem not 3 hours ago, decided I would leave it plugged in while I googled a troubleshoot, came back about an hour later and it was working again.

Just for reference I was using a burst wizard v2

Comment

This is an ASCU and is inbuilt. I should add that to the description :P
      Cardiff University Airsoft Society
      Like our Facebook page.
      And subscribe to our YouTube channel!
      sigpic

Comment

Check that the metal plate on the selector plate hasn't fallen out of connection or fallen low and shorted with the shell as they're often live.
        Also that the trigger board hasn't worked its way loose inside - if it had then the selector plate contacts may not be making connection.

If you have the identical unit in your other gun, you could run the g3's control unit though your m4 to rule out the trigger mech. If it works then there's either an issue with shorting, damage or misplacement of te g3's cut-off assembly or the fail safe is tripping from te motor drawing too much current.
        dsgdreamteam

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SunSpectre Find out more about SunSpectre
        Working...
        X