G&G F2000 Spring adjustment.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G F2000 Spring adjustment.

I recently bought the G&G F2000 for my birthday, but can't seem to turn the spring adjust screw, everhwhere I read online it just says turn the screw using a flat head screwdriver, but it doesn't turn, either way, I'm not the strongest person in the world, but surely it should turn? I was also wondering if you have to use an allen key to unlock it first, but I believe the allen key in the middle is just for removing the spring entirely...

Please help me.

Kind Regards, Amy

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Re: G&G F2000 Spring adjustment.

You actually need to unscrew the 'locking cap' with a flat head and then stick an allen key (don't remember the size) down the middle and after the adjustment do the locking cap back up.

I did find the adjustment a bit odd at times, like you can go so far and then get no more. If you need to remove the spring, remove the two little screws in that plastic plate (may be helpful to loosen up the top rear screw of the gun body) and then you can unscrew the cap/spring guide completely.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. But like I said, the screw WILL NOT turn, if I force it anymore, the gun will break, or I'll damage the screw. Hence my problem.

Comment

Do you have a flat head screw driver the size of the head? When I used a smaller one (that just fitted 1 side) I had great fun in trying to undo it and those caps are a little on the soft side!

edit: I use a 12mm wide flat blade (I'm sure a 14mm would fit but it might be too thick to get into the slot) and had to order it online as I couldn't find one locally.

Comment

Things will be a little easier if yuo make sure the spring is at its least compressed state - an almost flat battery cycling on semi auto should ensure that there is no over spin and that the piston/spring is at rest.
          The external screw should be removed first, if this isn't possible, try to bypass it through the hole and tighten the internal screw (hex). The external screw is probably binding agaisnt it preventing you from unscrewing.
          If it really is stuck then you would be better pulling the box apart and sorting it that way. The F2000 box is a hybrid V6 and quite simple to work on.
          dsgdreamteam

Comment

I came back from work yesterday and the screw turned easily... I think the gun realised who was the boss, tested it, it gave me a satisfactory pop a a large red bump on my rear end, now I just can't wait to annihilate scrubs with it at the next game. Thanks all for your help anyway!

Regards, Amy

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

amy.payne.188 Find out more about amy.payne.188
            Working...
            X