duel sector gear setup.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• duel sector gear setup.

just lookin some advice as this is my first duel sector build. ive built high speed guns before but never attempted a duel sector setup. is there anything else I need or have to do? so far I have:

shs duel sector gear
    shs 16:1 gears
    ultimate delayer chips x2
    m150 spring
    shs full metal tooth spring (short stroked)
    ultimate bearing spring guide
    chimera mosfet
    ultimate gearbox
    16awg wiring (deans)
    lonex A2 motor (high torque)
    specially modified shs tappet plate
    8mm bearings
    6 pack of red bull.

any other info or recommendations would be great. thanks

Re: duel sector gear setup.

get lonex in stead of ultimate!
    you will also need bushings not bearings

Comment

head over to airsoft mechanics, you'll find a lot more info over there bud.

Comment

yea was thinkin id need bushings. never had a problem with ultimate parts before??? what you think I should change?

- - - Updated - - -

no prob. il check it out. thanks mate

Comment

Didn't know SHS made DSGs. Interesting :P

As above, definatley use bushings over bearings. You might find you have issues using delay chips with a short stroked M150, but this totally depends on the build. The piston may return too quickly for the tappet plate to be in the correct position. If the FPS is too low for you, Siegetek make a spring guide spacer to pre-compress the spring for higher FPS. Also, get some sorbothane in there. The gearbox shell will be under a lot of stress from the repeated blows, and it will correct your AoE to increase your piston and gear life. IF you don't correct AoE I'd be suprised if the gearbox lasted longer than a mag. I think Ultimate parts are Lonex rebrands, but they seem to be more expensive.

I think that's all the advice I have except maybe go for Monster or Relentless...bigger cans for more caffine! A few long nights may be ahead...

Comment

As the others had said Ultimate are just rebranding Lonex with a bigger pricetag. A sorbothane pad is a must and also a metal cylinder head, plastics ones will get smashed to bits with a DSG and a M150 spring. Also you will need a massive lipo which kicks out a lot of amps.

Comment

thanks lads. already got the aoe sorted just forgot to say. using a 11.1 40-60c 2600mah battery. and I have a ultimate metal cylinder head in. il look into the spring guide spacers as for the fps if I can get it around 300 fps il be more than happy. the poor buggers on the end of it wont be. :P

Comment

Delayer chips are not nescessary with the Dual sector gear, at least not by the original design. Decent High caps will feed well into the high 50's. The issues you will more likely face is tappet return times, in which case you need to up the tappet spring rate or reduce some of the coils.
                I also suggest using the original RiotSC dual Sector gear for the sake of durability, the SHS clone is significantly less durable and window for error with these type of builds pulling such high rate spring rates is very small, in the event of timing errors and subsequent sector gear failure there will be catastrophic and expensive damage done to the surrounding parts as well.
                Last edited by sj_asc; 23 September, 2014, 10:02. Reason: Forgot something
                dsgdreamteam

Comment

I would personally recommend a bigger LiPo, somthing around 4000 mah, under heavy load small batteries suffer from voltage sag and the output voltage will drop which means a slower trigger response and slower rate of fire. If you youtube "DSG" you'll see a lot of the guys all use huge Lipo to get the best performance out of their guns.

Comment

About how much does this cost?

Comment

you should be making your gearbox shell shatter proof as well,round off the corners at the front where the cylinder sits,to distribute the shock
                      VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                      trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by Strewthirwin View Post
                        About how much does this cost?
                        It depends on what you have as a base gearbox. The gearset, or just the sector gear would probably be the most expensive part depending in what you already have to work with. A lot of the complexity is in the required modifications and labour rather than the money thrown at it.
                        dsgdreamteam

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

NavyGoblin Find out more about NavyGoblin
                        Working...
                        X