CA AUG A1 accuracy problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA AUG A1 accuracy problems.

I recently bought a second hand classic army aug a1. When i first tried it out the accuracy was really bad, it was firing all over the place. I quickly discovered the barrel had been changed for one over 40mm to short for the gun so the bbs were hitting the outer barrel and going everywhere.

So i bought a 509mm 6.03 madbull tightbore barrel and replaced that along with the hopup bucking which has improved the accuracy but its still not very accurate. (I struggle to hit a shoe box 10-15m away.) What happens is 7/10 shots will fire straight, then the odd couple will fire about a foot off to the right, and occasionally the straight shots will hit lower or higher.

The gun also felt quite underpowered, so i upgraded it with a asg m100 spring, replaced the piston o-ring and fitted a lonex air seal nozzle and tappet plate as the previous one looked slightly bent. I checked compression which is now pretty good although the gun still doesn't seem very powerful. unfortunately i haven't been able to chrono it yet.

I have also rectified the common aug problems like padding out the backplate so the gearbox is held in firmly, and the hopup unit is flush to the gearbox.

As the barrel was changed for one way to short it makes me wonder what else the previous owner might have changed possibly causing more problems. i don't know what parts are original or not.

The only thing i can think of is its a problem associated with the hop up. but i have took it apart many times and refitted it making sure everything is straight and correct.

Any help/ ideas that i havent thought of will be very welcomed!

many thanks

About the Author

Collapse

Jammyjay Find out more about Jammyjay
Working...
X