Removing Marui Socom stock tube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Marui Socom stock tube

Hi guys, I want to remove the stock tube from my Marui M4 Socom but I don't have the tool for loosening the locking ring. Any ideas how I can loosen it without the tool?
    TM SCAR-H Recoil // TM MK18 Recoil // VFC HK417 // KWA Kriss Vector // ASG AW.338 //
    TM Glock 18c // TM Five-SeveN // VFC FNX.45 Tactical // KWA USP.45 Tactical //

Re: Removing Marui Socom stock tube

Not really, but be careful when you do as I hear it's very easy to cross thread that and it's about £60 for a replacement tube, so something to spend some time on.
    sigpic

Comment

Bike wrench, pad it out with electrical tape on the opposite side to the notch. Cost me £6

Comment

So i've tried a bike wrench which did fit onto the ring but it just does not want to budge. Any ideas what the issue is or am I missing a step?
        TM SCAR-H Recoil // TM MK18 Recoil // VFC HK417 // KWA Kriss Vector // ASG AW.338 //

Comment

I believe most have a decent amount of thread lock on them due to the recoil. There are some great vids on youtube i would suggest but they are by a retailer so can't be mentioned.
          sigpic

Comment

Use the laylax tool which is made for this exact job.

Comment

Well turns out I just needed a hammer to help it along! All sorted, thanks guys!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

-Archer- Proud member of 'Black Arrow' If you'd like to contact me with more ease than PM's, Email me at [email protected] :) Find out more about -Archer-
              Working...
              X