Collapse

A way to stop firing when mag is empty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A way to stop firing when mag is empty?

After moving to mid caps ive found at times I end up taking a hit as my mag is empty and im not firing anything lol.
    Is there any mods I can do so that when the mag is empty the rifle will not fire?

Re: A way to stop firing when mag is empty?

Buy a GBBR.

Comment

No thanks

Comment

Some people have a pistol sized speed loader with a different colour bbs in it bright orange etc, so when loading your mags your first four BBS you load are orange/red etc, & then switch to a may sized loader with white bbs, in use you just need to watch for the colour change, then you know its time to change mags.
        Or be old skool like me, switch to lo's & count your shots, I geeneraly only fire single shot anyway.

Comment

the airsoft systems mosfet/hop unit combination has an empty mag feature.
          could install one of those assuming you have an m4 (don't think they make the hop units for anything other than that.
          For Sale!
          TM M870 with a load of stuff
          A&K massada sniper spec
          Chronograph
          leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

or get a TM recoil,
            The Airsoft Knowledge Base Project is where we will be building up information, guides, fixes and other Airsoft knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Stephen View Post
              the airsoft systems mosfet/hop unit combination has an empty mag feature.
              could install one of those assuming you have an m4 (don't think they make the hop units for anything other than that.
              Unless that has got drastically better since launch, installing one would be akin to pissing your money into the wind. The empty mag feature lasted for a few thousand bb's only. By the fact a certain entity in HK are giving them away for free alongside ASCU's I highly doubt they've been fixed yet.
              Main Armoury: CYMA Zhukov AK | G&P M7A1 | PTS Masada AKM

Comment

I was thinking about this on my P90. A lightgate that connects to your mosfet signal wire could cut the signal if no BB is sitting in the feed neck for more than two seconds. Simple.... In theory!

Comment

You can normally hear the difference when your not actually firing a bb out the muzzle. Alternatively, go down the systema route:/)

Comment

Originally posted by RitchieTheBrit View Post
                    I was thinking about this on my P90. A lightgate that connects to your mosfet signal wire could cut the signal if no BB is sitting in the feed neck for more than two seconds. Simple.... In theory!
                    I think we're over thinking this, those of us with aeg's only have always managed just by listening to our guns, the sound change when empty is usually pretty distinct.
                    What most would call the KISS method lol.

Comment

Oh I can tell when its empty, it just allways seems to happen when im face to face with the enemy! Wasnt sure if there was a mosfet that could do it, nevermind! And yeh I use a G&P M4 as my primary.

Comment

Originally posted by DanNest View Post
                        Oh I can tell when its empty, it just allways seems to happen when im face to face with the enemy! .
                        Aaah, I think you'll find there's no technology to prevent this, its down to a phenomenon more commonly know as "Sods Law"��

Comment

More mags, and a dump pouch like a clowns pocket.

Clowns pocket.....the real clowns pocket.....not the Viz clowns pocket!
                          sigpic
                          "And this is why a two finger tap on the shoulder will suffice"

Comment

Technology-wise the new xcortech x3300w has a mag counting feature that might suit your needs
                            way it works is you would set how many bbs is in your mag (e.g 30) the into the peq box looking thing, the tracer/crono then counts how many have been fired and when it counts the 30th bb go through it automatically cuts the power to the gearbox via a MOSFET.
                            To reset the counter you just load another mag and press a button in the peq box

Might have made it sound a little more complicated than it is
                            Just google a video to see what I mean
                            With some practice and muscle memory you can have a full reload done in maybe 3-6 seconds
                            platform dependent of course

Comment

Originally posted by Viper Scout View Post
                              Clowns pocket.....the real clowns pocket.....not the Viz clowns pocket!
                              Bruv, I never saw that one, is the viz clown pocket similar to a wizards sleeve ???

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DanNest Northern President of Reaper Crew Airsoft Insta: @reapercrewairsoft @dan.stangoe Find out more about DanNest
                              Working...
                              X