X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS Transform4 Spring Upgrade

Hi all,

A bit of advice please?

The problem I'm having is that I've just bought an ICS Transform4 (which was chono'ed at around 300 fps), knowing this I also bought a spare upper gearbox which I asked to be upgraded to an m110 spring (with the hope of bringing it up to around 350-360 fps). I took the gun to my local site and fire a few rounds from it, the performance was exceptional and was easily the best I've seen from any of my airsoft guns. However, when chrono'ed it turned out that it was firing consistently at just over 400 fps (which is probably mostly why it performed so well???). Naturally I wasn't allowed to use it and had to downgrade back to the stock gearbox, which was so disappointing as the range seemed quite rubbish, not just in comparison, but in general.

I know there are loads of threads entitled "what spring should I use", which is essentially what I'm asking, but what makes this difference is that this gun seems to be a lot more consistent than any other airsoft I've owned, and so am wondering if the air seal is better and hence might be pushing the fps up a bit? I also read that apparently Guarder sp110 springs fire a bit hot (which it turns out is what was installed for me), but surely if their target is 110 meters, they shouldn't be achieving an average of 121 meters (which is what mine was). It was suggested that if I put a couple of mags through it, it might settle down a bit, but it seemed unlikely, to me, that it would lose around 40 fps just by firing a couple of mags. So my question is, does anyone have any suggestions about good quality springs that actually perform around the 110 meters mark? And preferably does, any one who owns a Transform4 have first hand experience of this?

Thanks all,

Matt

Re: ICS Transform4 Spring Upgrade

Get an ICS spring for it.

Make sure the stock spring was a m100....it could be they are shipped with a m90 so the new spring you had fitted could be 2 levels higher?

Comment

Thanks for your reply, I suppose, thinking about it, it makes sense to use ICS, since they're the manufacturer- are they normally quite consistent and close to what they advertise? I know that's kind of like asking how long a piece of string is, but if you have any experiences of them, I would be very grateful.

In the shop, it chrono'ed at around 300 with .2s, so I assume it's an m100, also I read that ICS downgrade their guns to m100s that are bound for the UK, whereas most of the rest of the world get m120s.

Comment

Makes sence unless it was a 'not for import' model, my CXP came with a m90 spring installed though it is a short barrel gun for CQB. I haven't bought ICS springs as a spare part myself but I own 3 ICS RIF's and I would say all there parts are very good so I would say stick with the same brand, they are a very good make after all.

Comment

Ah right, I don't think it was a 'not for import' model, but is there a way I can check just in case? Thanks for your advice, will probably end up getting an ICS one then.

Comment

just to let you know, SP ratings use .25g (so SP110 = M130 ish)
            so what you wanted was an M110 or an SP90
            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Oh right, that explains it then. Thank you, I could have done with knowing that before hand. I told the guy in the shop (who I trusted to know what he was talking about) that I wanted it shoot about 350-360 and the sp110 is what he recommended, clearly he was wrong. Although, if the sp110 roughly equals that of a m130 spring, then I'm losing 10 meters somewhere, maybe the air seal isn't as good as I thought.

Comment

Are you sure about the range on your gun is 110 meters? Seems very high for a stock gun, in fact 110m sounds pretty damn high for a fully upgraded VSR. I thought the number i.e. m120 referred to the joule rating of the spring.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by FlangTal1ty View Post
                Are you sure about the range on your gun is 110 meters? Seems very high for a stock gun, in fact 110m sounds pretty damn high for a fully upgraded VSR. I thought the number i.e. m120 referred to the joule rating of the spring.
                Sorry i just realised you are reffering to meters per second and not the range......nevermind me.....been a long day!

Comment

Yes sorry, I should have been more clear.

It's funny, having done some reading- a lot of people are saying that the Guarder SP110 should be around 360, but I just can't believe that with the results. Some are also saying that m110 springs produce more like 380-390 fps, which seems odd since 110 meters = 360 feet. Either way I'm not sure what to believe now though. Is an m110 from another brand definitely the right way to go? I don't want to end buying another spring that either too low or too high in power.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mattplus Find out more about Mattplus
                  Working...
                  X