Full auto only ak74su

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full auto only ak74su

Model is cyma. 4 screw take down. When i got this the safety didnt work either. I disassembled the receiver and found the selector wasnt aligned properly.

Now the safety works but its still firing full auto in semi. Not had a proper electric project but i want to lernz

Halp me zeroin, youre my only hope
    Oderint Dem Metuant

Re: Full auto only ak74su

Possibly worn cut-off lever, or the selector plate is engaging the cut off lever too early? (selector alignment could be to blame)
    Is the cut off lever spring still in tact?
    Or severely worn switch trolley?

Do you have any pics? You can also run the gearbox out side of the gun which will help diagnose problems with the selector/cut off assembly.
    dsgdreamteam

Comment

I literally had half hour to check it last night but when i get a good time to do ought imma make this thread pic heavy. Ive been doing some googling and searching on here and i think it sounds to be the cut off lever is crapped.

If i confirm its a knackered part can i source it from zero one? Couldnt find anything like that on their shop when i looked. Thanks
      Oderint Dem Metuant

Comment

I'd give their tech guys a call and see if they can source them. If they cant most CYMA parts can be picked up from overseas sites, especially of the oriental persuasion.
        "If you pick the wrong fight, make sure you picked the right weapon"

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
          I'd give their tech guys a call and see if they can source them. If they cant most CYMA parts can be picked up from overseas sites, especially of the oriental persuasion.
          Dont want pot metal parts im assuming thats the problem hah i fixed the safety but need to replace the cut off if thats the cause.
          Oderint Dem Metuant

Comment

If you can grab a short clip of the box cycling outside of the gun and simulating the modes of selection it will be fairly easy to pin point the issue.
            dsgdreamteam

Comment

Will do tomorrow morning thanks
              Oderint Dem Metuant

Comment

Tried my best to film but couldnt do it. However i tried the selector manually with and without the cogs and the action works however the gun still only works on safe or full auto. I moved it into where semi should be (assuming its where the pladtic selector plate lifts a piece in the gear box?) And still nowt. Im assuming this means its most likely the cut off?
                Oderint Dem Metuant

Comment

I got round to replacing the cut off lever but same problem still. Quite confused as the cut off lever was worn but its fixed nothing :s halp
                  Oderint Dem Metuant

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

airsoc audio tech/musician/avid gamer and handy man Find out more about airsoc
                  Working...
                  X