Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

BBs are curving up even with hop-up off (100% to the left)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBs are curving up even with hop-up off (100% to the left)

Hi, I recently bought the G&G CM18 MOD1 from zero one. As soon as I got the gun out the box, I realised that the barrel was bent up (a small bit, I'm surprised i even noticed) and was not in the centre of the free-float rail system like in all the pictures I'd seen. I took off the rails to find that the barrel seemed perfectly straight and wasn't at an angle to the receiver. The rails however seemed to have been put back on slightly wonky as I had to get the gun two toned and they would've taken the rail system off to spray paint it. This gave the effect of the barrel to look bent up! After that i shot it for the first time finding that the bbs would shoot at an angle slightly upwards as they exited the barrel and after 50m would start to dip/ level out making it very inaccurate at close range. I assumed the hop-up up had been adjusted causing the bbs to be shooting upwards. However there was no hop at all. The G&G green dial hop-up was all the way to the left. Just to make sure, I disassembled the gun and took a look at the inner barrel and hop-up system. It wasn't malfunctioning and looked fine. I don't think it's my sights either because they won't even adjust to the elevation the bb is shooting to. I don't think that the hop-up has anything to do with this issue because the bb doesn't seem to be curving up, but exits the barrel at a slight angle.
    I don't know what to do. I need help!

Re: BBs are curving up even with hop-up off (100% to the left)

You should have just returned this, as you have bought it new zero one have a responsibility to fix it. However now you have taken it apart there is a good cause to say you have voided the warranty. They may still help as you haven't taken the gear box apart.

I suspect there is a problem with the hop unit not adjusting the amount of hop being applied, it looks like it's off when actually it's in full.

First step, call zero one and explain the situation.

If they won't help, remove the inner barrel and hop unit and look down it, the turn the hop fully the other way, look down the barrel again and check to see if you can see the hop rubber sticking through. With the hop off you should see a nice circle, with it on it will like a half moon. If it looks like this isn't changing, look at the gears on the hop unit, sometimes they dont mesh and it means you turn the hop but it doesn't actually do anything.
    sigpic

Comment

I will call them on Monday as their probably closed right now. I did what you said with the hop-up unit and it seems to be working fine, the hop rubber is sticking through when it's on full, and it disappears giving a nice circle when it's off. I forgot to say that the hop-up is changing the curve of the bb. When I turn the dial, the bbs curve upwards more.

Comment

Try cleaning the barrel.
        For Sale
        Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Comment

How should I go about doing that? Use the un-jamming rod?

- - - Updated - - -

Is is normal for there to be black stuff inside the barrel?

Comment

Yeah should have a split in the one end to thread some cloth through.

Thats dirt/grease which you dont want in there, give it a good clean till nothing comes out then try it.

Also, to check if the inner barrel is bent, remove the hop unit and just try rolling it on a flat surface.
            For Sale
            Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Comment

Seems a lot better!! I'm just shooting in my back garden which is very short, about 20m and the bbs are shooting a lot straighter out if the barrel I will take it up to the field later to test a bit more. Hopefully should be ok. Thanks

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MrPineapple Find out more about MrPineapple
              Working...
              X