Best mosfet for under £20?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best mosfet for under £20?

Instructions included are pretty straight forwards. Which version gearbox? the one in the pics is a V3.
    dsgdreamteam

Comment

V2 it will be. And I think I'll run a 10.8v batt for a bit and wait for the contacts to burn or something so I can do it all at once unless you suggest otherwise

Comment

Depends on the setup and how semi auto happy you are as to how fast the 10.8v would waste through the existing contacts. The FET will eliminate this completely.
        The V2 is a little different than the V3 in that you will need to open the box up to get to the contacts. Im sure i have a pic of a V2 FET config, give me a few mins and ill see what I can find.
        dsgdreamteam

Comment

Okay thanks. What about the double gate wire how are they installed? Is it just like a normal fet with an extra gate wire?

Comment

Well I couldn't find the other pics i had, but didnt take long to mock up the configuration and since so many people seem to be unsure how its done it was worth covering.

For the V2 box at least:
            Heres how the stock wiring configuration would look.

FET Configuration, you simply un-solder one of the red wires and solder it to the other. The signal wire coming from the FET is then soldered on to the other contact (the one that the red wire was previously attached to).

The alternative way (not pictured) is to use 2 signal wires (which is sometimes easier to figure out, at least for V3's). The secondary signal wire is simply bridged to the red wire.
            dsgdreamteam

Comment

So the other gate wire I would cut insulation off the red wire and solder the other gate wire on?

Comment

Yes if you were to wire it in that configuration. Otherwise you can ditch the spare signal wire included and install with just one wire (the wire coming from the FET) as above.
                dsgdreamteam

Comment

What is the secondary wire for and is it presoldered to the get?

Comment

Its for if there are limitations on wiring space, it makes certain setups easier to wire, usually V3's.
                    Heres a pic of a V2 using the 2 wire config.

You need to keep the signal wire comingh from the FET regardless of the configuration, the secondary signal wire is simply a lower profile extention of the red wire.
                    http://s4.photobucket.com/user/snipe...fef22.jpg.html
                    dsgdreamteam

Comment

Thanks. I ordered the get a while ago now so hopefully it goes well. So the other wire isn't necessary and its only the wire that is soldered on the contact above the two wires that is necessary?

Comment

I did it this watty, no pics of the box but you get the idea. Both signal wires onto the trigger contacts and the positive and negative wires straight to the motor. Didn't want to strip any insulation from the wire so soldered it onto the deans positive connector

Comment

I see. But what is the actual function of the other signal wire because I have a feeling that I need to use it now. Does the other signal wire not even attach to the fet? So it is soldered next to the other signal on the contact and then is soldered onto a part of the red wire?

Comment

Thats right, the second signal wire is not directly attached to the FET. You connect it to the red wire. So it would run from the red wire to the first switch terminal, and the signal wire that coming from the FET goes to the second switch terminal exactly as tomola has it in his pic. Inside his box would look like the last pic that I posted with both signal wires soldered to the switch.
                            dsgdreamteam

Comment

Does anyone have any images of the trigger contacts with all the wires soldered onto them so I understand it a bit better?

Comment

Oops scrap that lol. So looking at your image there are only signal wires on the contacts without the red or black, where do the red and black wires go??

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jakeno Find out more about jakeno
                                Working...
                                X