Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flat hop advice and installation help

just as the title says.
    looking to flathop my m4 that shoots 30 rps, fps im unsure but it seems like 330.
    im using .25s and my current barrel setup:

madbull 6.03
    prowin cnc chamber
    g&g bucking & nub
    brass spacer

would like some advice in installing a flathop mod or even better alternatives suitable to my setup at a low cost. im talking pretty much diy here. cheers.

Re: flat hop advice and installation help

1. Buy flathop set
    2. Remove current hop rubber
    3. Fit flathop rubber
    4. Remove current nub
    5. Fit flathop nub

It really is that easy! It is just the same as changing the hop rubber and nub (because that is what it is).

Comment

To get it right isn't that easy though, is it? Every walkthrough I've seen and ready talked about sanding the internal a d external of the r-hop to exactly match the barrel etc, I tried, and the flexible super glue I bought didn't even seem to fix it. Gave up in the end.

Comment

Just done it, used an eraser after hours of resizing. Due to school finishing late I can only test it on weekends

Comment

You're talking about r-hop there RitchieTheBrit.. As far as I know that's different to a flat hop!

Comment

Ah b**gger, sorry, my bad. Not used to this working-on-Sunday malarkey!

My 2 cents is, I found the SCS nub with a moundless bucking to be the best combination. A bit of mucking around, but my P90 was outranging everything once I fixed the hooking issue.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jakeno Find out more about jakeno
            Working...
            X