Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4 front sight removal

Hi
    I want to remove the front sight on my Ares M4. First of all I need to remove the flash eliminator, I can't see any screws on it, is it likely to be glued on? I heard a few minutes in hot water will loosen the glue enough to unscrew it?

Second there is a dummy gas tube that connects to the sight which also holds the front hard guard ring in place, I'm assuming I need to keep the gas tube for this purpose? I saw gas blocks that replace the front sight to keep the gas tube in position, are these all fairly universal? i.e. will the hole in the gas block be in the correct position for the tube on the Ares M4. It was an Element gas block.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Re: M4 front sight removal

Hi

The flash hider should unscrew from the barrel when you twist it but there is probably a grub screw stopping it from turning (my g&g has that). The gas tube is nessary for normal hand guards to stop them spinning on the barrel, so yes you need it and the gas tubes are common size to most ar15 models (I changed my g&g for an ares after it broke). If you we're using free float RIS rails then its not nessary but looks good.

Hope this helps (I have rebuilt my ar15 4 times with different variations)

Comment

Cool cheers. I'll order one of the gas blocks to hold the tube and hand card ring in place.

Theres no grub screw on the flash hider, so I'm guessing just glue?

Comment

Flash hider may unscrew the other way. Lefty tighty, righty loosey.
        For Sale
        Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Comment

There's also normally 2 adjacent flat areas on the flash hider to grip it with a spanner.

Comment

All done. Couple of minutes in boiling water and it unscrewed with very little effort, not even sure there was actually any glue?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

PeteJC21 Find out more about PeteJC21
            Working...
            X