JG G36 problems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JG G36 problems...

Ok, I have recently traded a G36 off a nice chap on this site.
    We are both baffled as to why he could fire it, and I can't!

As soon as it came out the box, I had troubles with the gun. I loaded up a mag, had a battery ready and charged combined the two powers of epicness and....

my gun began to "dribble" BBs...

very much annoyed, and even after closer inspection, I opened up the gun, and saw a rather... unconventional hop-up.
    G36 owners know that inside there is a black wheel that spins upwards or downwards to adjust the hop.
    Mine, it just spins... no resistance at all.

So immediately, I see the hop-up as being the problem.

After putting the gun back together CORRECTLY, The gun would not accept any G36 mag. It would not inject BBs into the gun's breech, they kinda sat ontop of it.... somehow.
    turns out there is a blockage- the hop-up.
    it part covers the hole, and doesn't allow BBs to feed into the gun!

If I was to load the BBs into the breech by hand, they fire off fine. No "dribbling", so it isn't a mechanical failure concerning the gearbox. (I think!)

I will upload pictures later,and I have even seen a Youtube video with a guy explaining the same problem!
    Will post a link to that too.

Thanks anyone who read this...please post if you have the same kinda of problem or have an answer!!! :D

Luke.
    sigpic

Re: JG G36 problems...

perhaps the barbs that lock the hop unit in place to the gas block have snapped off so the spring is pusshing the hop too far back, or the gas block is broken and causing the same thing.
    back in the game after 12 months away!

Comment

looking at it, i have seen a small snap, a break off point somewhere where the hop slides into the barrel...

so, do i need a new hop unit? and how much could they cost?

I don't have much, after all of the spending out for long term airsoft wise...

OR, should I take it to a gun dealer, and see if they know what the problem is so I know for certain?

well I have geography coursework to do- I can't upload any pics tonight. thanks golem for the idea... I haven't had this form of hop before, and it's rather new to me! :/

Cheers.
      sigpic

Comment

a new hop unit from zeroone is £15, but if its not the hop thats broken and the gas block that it goes into then it may well cost more, ive seen this break quite a few times so a pic would be handy.
        aye it is quite different from m4 types but once you gat the hang f it its one of the better hop types.
        back in the game after 12 months away!

Comment

ok, will try to upload a picture tomorrow. my camera is terrible in even good light, so I'll have to wait for day light!
          Plus, I gotta break down the G36...done it 3 times already today.... @_@@
          sigpic

Comment

just adding a few pics for someone else's sake. sorrry, i have got no email or photobucket etc. so i'm updating this thread. any other suggestions on a fix would be useful too!!
            sigpic

Comment

more pics... my computer likes to delete previous images...
              sigpic

Comment

Ive never had this probblem with my g36c but i would reccomend checking the screw around the hop-up dial.

Comment

i don't seem to have mechanical problems, but I think I have a lot of things snap off... the gas block and hop unit TWICE. even a TM hop unit couldn't cut it!!
                  sigpic

Comment

If it is the hop, I would suggest getting a ProWin replacement, they screw to the front of the gear box so firmly held in the right place.

Pro-Win CNC Chamber for Marui G36 Series

Copy and paste the above, in your search bar. Arround £15 plus postage.
                    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Originally posted by midas View Post
                      Arround £15 plus postage.
                      life saver. i paid £15 for a second hand TM hop new!
                      sigpic

Comment

They are ally too, really nice. Well the ones for the AK are so I assume the G36 ones are the same.

I used to live in Lowestoft, wish I could move back to.
                        Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

yah? i live in east anglia... still... lol.
                          well im googling it!
                          sigpic

Comment

It looks as though one of the tangs has broken off the hop unit and the other tang is not being held in by the gas block assembly as that part has snapped as well. So from your pictures it looks like a new hop unit (£10ish) and a new gas block (£10ish again)

Comment

Originally posted by Vladraken View Post
                              It looks as though one of the tangs has broken off the hop unit and the other tang is not being held in by the gas block assembly as that part has snapped as well. So from your pictures it looks like a new hop unit (£10ish) and a new gas block (£10ish again)
                              if you can find me something for that sort of price, i will be eternally grateful!!!! i thought i'd need about £60-£70 to replace the two...
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Grounded_Pilot Small time technician, based in Norfolk/Suffolk. Airsoft devotee...! Find out more about Grounded_Pilot
                              Working...
                              X