Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

A&K Masada CQB RIS issue (grinding noise)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A&K Masada CQB RIS issue (grinding noise)

So I just got an A&K Masada CQB RIS and I had only used about half a mag, then my motor or gearbox started to make a grinding sound. I guessed that the motor was too far in the gearbox so I loosened it up. That didn't work either. It made a different sound that was closer to what the firing mode should sound like but it was very screechy. I'm not sure if my motor is busted, if my gearbox is busted, or if a fuse is fried. I also looked down into the motor compartment and there was a spark whenever I shot the gun. Anyone have any idea of what is happening and how I can fix this problem? Thanks!

Re: A&K Masada CQB RIS issue (grinding noise)

It is certainly not the fuse as the motor is still getting power.

A&K motors are truly dreadful, so it could be that the motor is the problem. From what you have described though, it sounds like it could just possibly be that you have slackened the motor off a little too far; try tightening it little by little and see if it improves.

If that does not do the trick, you have a choice. Either fit a new motor to see if that makes a difference or, if it is brand new and from a UK retailer (which can, of course, only be Zero One), return it to them, as doing anything else would invalidate the warranty. If you bought it from overseas, then returning it is rather more difficult

I have two A&K Masadas, both of which have neither the original motors nor most of the original gearbox components. The gearboxes usually need reshimming as the shims seem to be put in randomly.

Comment

Does opening the motor compartment void my warranty?

Comment

Not if you don't tell them.

Comment

I cannot seem to get my stock motor out. I think it may be the wires are getting it stuck but I'm not sure.

Comment

The pinion sometimes gets a bit jammed in the hole between the pistol grip and the receiver; try pushing it gently in and then taking it out.

Comment

https://vimeo.com/112624793
              This is what the gun sounds like when I fire it.

Comment

That sounds like the motor height is wrong. With the motor plate (the plate at the bottom of the pistol grip) off can you move the motor up and down by pushing it with your finger? You should be able to push it up towards the gearbox and it should then bounce back again. If not, the motor has become stuck and needs to be taken out and repositioned.

Slacken the screw in the motor plate right off and then tighten it up little by little until the motor sounds right. Alternatively, and probably best, just get it back to retailer.

Comment

A&K Masada CQB RIS issue (grinding noise)

Okay. I think I'll send it back to the retailer. Looks to me like on the motor plate, one of the screws is stripped smh.😑

Comment

The threads in the pistol grip do strip quite easily. One of my Masadas has oversized screws holding the motor plate on.

Comment

Yeah, it's a shame to see such a good brand put this kind of quality in the small things lol

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BNBen Find out more about BNBen
                      Working...
                      X