Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safety not disengaging fully in semi

Ok oh knowledgable ones.

Ver 2 Gearbox on a D-boys 416. When I put the GB back into the lower housing and put the pins back in to hold it in place and put the fire selector on semi, the trigger either stays on a non-pullable safe mode or has a pronounced click then pull. I'm presuming the selector plate is not releasing the safety tab enough but is the tab adjustable to a different position?

This is a relatively new weapon and didn't have a problem till I took it out to use it on site yesterday (typical!).
    "If you pick the wrong fight, make sure you picked the right weapon"

Re: Safety not disengaging fully in semi

The bar that blocks the trigger should only mate with the safety tab in one possible way. I'd pull the gearbox out and eyeball it.

Comment

Hi Ritchie,

I did at the game, not to be recommended as in the wee area I had I lost both a screw and my temper!

Anyway it would appear for some reason that the selector plate is not being pulled far enough back on semi to fully release the safety tab.

Now I could shave a small bit off the safety tab and it would probably cure the issue. However as it was working fine for the last couple of weeks I am loathed to perform non reversible actions. I don't really get why it has happened as the gearbox cannot have shifted position. Only thing I can think of is perhaps the safety spring was strong enough to shove the selector plate back a little further in semi and has now weakened.

Comment

I'm not familiar with the 416, but I would guess it's the same as an M4, the selector is moved by a cam attached to the selector switch? I've seen the cam loosen off internally before. Pics or a video might help?

Comment

Well having messed about with it some more it would appear to be the trigger mechanism rather than the safety. It was something to do with the cut off lever I believe. Got it to stop clicking, trigger works fine until I reassemble the bloody gun and then on semi it fires then the trigger needs pushing forwards a couple of mm before it will fire again. Full auto is fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and yes I believe it is the same as an M4

Comment

Huh, sounds like the spring isn't returning it to the forward position fully, and the clicking you're hearing is the trolley clicking back into place on the trigger. Your cut off lever could well be an issue. I would open and inspect the internals dude.

Comment

Lol tis what I have been doing for the last couple of hours

By the spring do you mean the one on the top of the trigger block that pulls the assembly back again or the one on the other side of the box that pushes the cut off forwards?

Comment

Check the seating of all your springs. Pull the trigger, then manually turn your sector gear carefully and see what happens with the cut off lever. The cycle seems to be snagging at one point, resulting in your issue.

Comment

Right ho, open the bugger up again!

Ver 2 is a total pain in the arse.

Cheers matey.

Comment

Yup! V6 is annoying as well, the AR latch NEVER stays put! Good luck dude.

Comment

Thankfully I didn't have the problem with my P90, it all stayed in place when I opened it up, plus getting the GB out of the gun is so easy compared to a Ver 2, glad I only have them in the 416 and MP5.

It would seem the problem was the trigger shuttle was sitting on top of the tip of the trigger after it has been dropped back by the cut off lever, hence the push forwards of the trigger pushed the tip back and re-engaged it on the back of the shuttle.

Now hopefully it will all stay in place and I can actually use it at the next game!

Cheers for the help matey.

Comment

Originally posted by RitchieTheBrit View Post
                        the clicking you're hearing is the trolley clicking back into place on the trigger.
                        Kinda what I meant, hard to explain sometimes lol!

I think the AR latch spring was a little too stiff in my P90, the latch would push against the gear too much, forcing them both out of alignment while I was trying to close the box. I always though a 0.1mm bar that you could pop over the top to keep them aligned would have been great!

Comment

Hey mate, in case you're still puzzling over this one, I've had a similar situation recently. Regarding the incorrect selector plate position, that could well just be the selector cam not being tight enough to the actual external selector, and so not moving the plate enough.

Regarding the trigger not resetting on semi... Just check your trigger spring. I've had the spring break on me, meaning that only the trolley spring was trying to return the trigger backwards, which worked on auto but not semi. On replacing the spring it's working as it should again. Just sounded similar to something you described!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Harlequin Find out more about Harlequin
                          Working...
                          X