Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screeching Gearbox

Hi folks,

My G&P M4 variant g/box started screeching when i was using it a few weeks back so i decided to take the gun apart and have a look.

I found that the motor bevel gear has become damaged and there are quite a few teeth that have some damage. I opened up the gearbox and everything looks ok in there.

Can anyone tell me why this problem may have arisen? I have tried a G&G motor in the gun as well and it still makes a similar noise. The gun still operates and fires, but it just has the annoying screeching sound and i fear i will do more damage if i continue to use it like it is.

Does anyone know what may have caused this?

Cheers,

JB
    Trader Feedback

Re: Screeching Gearbox

Chances are the motor height was very badly adjusted. The general rules goes with:

Too loose (far from gearbox) gives a high pitched screech.
    Too tight (close to gearbox) gives a low grind and ROF slow.

Best thing to do, replace your beve gear, readjust your motor height. If it still screeches, have a look at reshimming and cleaning your gearbox.

Comment

My first thorght would be motor hight was incorrect

do the gears all spin free with little movement on there axle's when the shell is closed
      Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

I had the exact same problem on my BoyI SCAR last week. 1 turn of the adjustment screw on the bottom of the pistol grip and now its perfect again.

Hope this helps
        Honor before Victory

Comment

um do you mean the gear thats on the motor shaft? i thought that was a pinion gear and the bevel is the one that it meshes with, or have i been getting it wrong for ages? :p
          back in the game after 12 months away!

Comment

No you're correct. The pinion gear is the small one on the motor shaft, then it's bevel, spur and sector in ascending order.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

krazy_horse Find out more about krazy_horse
            Working...
            X