Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what barrel to get

Hi All

ive got a dilemma. for the past couple of skirmishes now, my BBs have been going off to the right - i wondered whether it was when i had reseated the bucking, and the hop, but it was again doing it - so i removed the barrel, and it is slightly bent, that would explain my shots - it was useful at times to curl it round a tree, but made long sots more difficult.

so i need to replace the inner barrel in my G&G TR418 Top Tech gen3. i believe it is a 6.03mm tbb barrel from the outset, but what should i replace it with.

im not after making my gun into a DMR - i dont see the advantage in the slight power increase from 350 to 400 (im currently at about 330 and thats quite nice as i can in theory use it for CQB) for the losses - mainly being the MED. i use single shot anyway.

ive seen some people say that to improve accuracy and distance that you should use a tbb, but others say a wbb. i cant go for anything like a Orga 6.23 as i dont have the air capacity being an AEG, but what are the suggestions for the barrel bore? as far as manufacturers go, PDI, Prometheus, Miracle Barrel??

also my barrel is currently 357mm long, will going for a longer barrel have an impact? i have an extension and a G&G rechargeable tracer/ silencer that i run with, so probably extending the length of the gun by about 200mm - i dont want to loose the tracer's ability though.

im currently running a Maple Leaf bucking and soon to be a Maple Leaf Omega nub too when they arrive.

thanks

Re: what barrel to get

If you want to keep your tracer ability, don't lengthen your barrel. You might run it past the sensor that trips the LED to flash, hence no glowy BBs.

As far as barrels go, PDI are pretty much the best barrels you get. However they are pricey, so a good alternative are Prometheus 6.03 Stainless steel barrels - I think that's their EG range IIRC. The benefit these barrels give is that the bore is very consistent. Cheaper barrels are manufactured to a lower tolerance so the concentricity isn't as good.

Some people might advise you toward a Madbull Python barrel, but I'd avoid. Initially, they are actually quite good, and the price is very appealing, however these barrels are anadised soft aluminium, and this coating wears down quite fast, reducing the effectiveness of the barrel.

Comment

I wouldn't consider looking at the PDI barrels as in respect to the rest of your system it wont be worth it and agin with the prommy barrels to an extent as well seeing as they are £50+ and the extra money wont give you that much of a help.

Personally I would advise a Madbull V2 of the same length that you already have (going longer wont increase accuracy and will after a point start to decrease it) having owned a few myself, or a another stainless steel make which are cheaper than a Prommy, at about £20. I have 1 £20 SS one (cant remember exact make) in my SVD shooting 80+m with an EIR hop and it does the job fine vs. my Prommy barrel which is really nice but not that much better to justify spending £35 more on.

Also I believe Orgas are now considered to be better than PDI barrels and therefore the best, due to cushioning the BB which leads to better accuracy over the PDI ones which allow it to bounce about too much.
      Last edited by wilko129; 16 December, 2014, 16:13. Reason: Orga
      For sale:

-Splitting M4
      -MP5 Parts
      -MP7a1
      -M9 Magazine

Comment

PDI 6.05 is one of the best barrels for AEGSor just look at this link... http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/32...-resovled.html
        Guns: G&P LVOA build, TM P226R

Kit: ranger green JPC rig, ronin tactics shooters belt rig.

Highest of speeds, lowest of drags. (also mild Chris Costa fan boi)

Comment

Whilst the PDI 6.05 is an awesome barrel and would be the best thing for his build, the OP said he is not looking to make his rifle into a DMR, let alone a really top end DMR with £100s going into it. A PDI barrel would be largely wasted in a standard G&G rifle which hasn't been modified to have a perfect air seal, upgraded hop up and barrel stabilization so all that extra money over a standard tightbore would not be that noticeable.

If the OP does want to spend masses on this new barrel and doesn't mind that he wouldn't be getting the most out of the upgrade by not upgrading/modifying over bits then by all means buy a PDI but form my understanding of what he asked that not what he needs.
          For sale:

-Splitting M4
          -MP5 Parts
          -MP7a1
          -M9 Magazine

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

chrisbirley Find out more about chrisbirley
          Working...
          X