Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearbox sizing issue

Hello all,

I have recently upgraded my SRC RPK with a new G&P body. On reassembling the gun I have noticed that the gearbox does not fit properly into the body and is about 2mm too long, meaning when put back together the hop up unit is pushed forward and so the bb's don't feed properly from the mag's. I have made sure there is nothing getting in the way of the gearbox going back in such as wires etc so I'm 99% certain its a sizing issue either with the gearbox or the body. The gearbox is the original SRC and worked/ fit perfectly in the old SRC body (before the stock broke)

My conclusions so far is its either; V3 gearbox shell sizes differ with brand, AK bodies differ with brand or crap manufacturing tolerances.

Im wondering if any of you guys can enlighten me on this as I'm fairly new to AK's and if its a brand issue can you point me in the right direction of a gearbox that would fit? Or is there any other fix to this problem?

Apologies if this is something commonly known but I've searched around with no luck!

Cheers

Mark

Re: Gearbox sizing issue

The first thing I'd try would be a new hop ,SRC have a habit of changing thing's slightly so you need their parts ,I have no definite knowledge of the rpk but it's cheaper to swap the hop first and see if the difference is in the hop ,if it all fits at this point then you'd probably need the nozzle of the correct length as well ,other than that probably best get a gearbox from G+P as that should match the body .

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mpritchard88 Find out more about mpritchard88
    Working...
    X