Gearbox making a weird sound???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearbox making a weird sound???

Okay so I just fitted a TM bevel gear to replace my broken SHS one and now when I shoot there is a weird sound which sounds like the spring vibrating after the sound from the piston has stopped. I have taken a video of it shooting but not sure if you can hear the sound afterwards or not.

Just wondering whether this is a problem or what's causing it if anyone has any ideas? Also does my shimming sound okay or is it a little screechy?
    For sale:

-Splitting M4
    -MP5 Parts
    -MP7a1
    -M9 Magazine

Re: Gearbox making a weird sound???

On tapatalk, no video to watch. I had a sound as you describe from my P90. It was the sling vibrating internally. It started after replacing the OEM spring (which was short, but powerful). Check the seating of your spring. If it's non-linear, try flipping it over.

Comment

The spring is the same and its an SHS M100 so im not sure if its linear or not? Would this cause the sound if it is the wrong way around?
      For sale:

-Splitting M4
      -MP5 Parts
      -MP7a1
      -M9 Magazine

Comment

It can in my experience. It's like a 'twang' after each shot.

Comment

A twang which then reverberates for a second or two after the thud from the piston or a short fast twang?
          For sale:

-Splitting M4
          -MP5 Parts
          -MP7a1
          -M9 Magazine

Comment

It twangged for about about a second. Same noise with a different spring, but lasted about two seconds. Very annoying!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

wilko129 Find out more about wilko129
            Working...
            X