Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DMR project

Hi guys,

I recently dugout my old g&g M4 ebb. Missing handguard and stock, so I thought why not start a project.
    Having never done an air soft project I was wondering if you could advise me and digest upgrades I would need.

Happy new year, Josh
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sj_asc; 2 January, 2015, 10:07. Reason: Moved to Tech - Electric Guns section

Re: DMR project

20" barrel, whatever handguard you prefer, barrel-mounted harris bipod, 4x ACOG, CTR stock, 500mm Orga Wide Bore, Guarder clear hop rubber, 400 FPS spring, Element helical torque gears, plastic tooth double o-ring piston, SHS high torque motor, pack the body with sorbothane, BTC mosfet and a 11.1v lipo.

Happy?
    Originally posted by Lt. Macka
    big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

budget?
      dsgdreamteam

Comment

Originally posted by Proto View Post
        20" barrel, whatever handguard you prefer, barrel-mounted harris bipod, 4x ACOG, CTR stock, 500mm Orga Wide Bore, Guarder clear hop rubber, 400 FPS spring, Element helical torque gears, plastic tooth double o-ring piston, SHS high torque motor, pack the body with sorbothane, BTC mosfet and a 11.1v lipo.

Happy?
        what's the sorbothane for?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by sniperjesus View Post
        budget?
        No fixed amount I can adjust based on the upgrades I choose to make

Comment

Sorbo is used for two things. Sound dampening and correcting the angle of engagement.

Comment

Sp100-120, madbull barrel, mosfet+lipo 11.1 or 2x 7.4 ( 15V in total :D ), SHS gears ( piston rod and wheels ), guarder white hop up rubber ( madbull optionally).good lubricant (oil and greas )+ some toolwork.

Result : +400fps.

Comment

Originally posted by whiteman View Post
              Sp100-120, madbull barrel, mosfet+lipo 11.1 or 2x 7.4 ( 15V in total :D ), SHS gears ( piston rod and wheels ), guarder white hop up rubber ( madbull optionally).good lubricant (oil and greas )+ some toolwork.

Result : +400fps.
              got a madbull 6.01, madbull 3 in 1 hop. I'm aware of mosfets but how do I install them and what are they for? Also how would I lock the gun to semi only?

- - - Updated - - -

Where would I put the sorbothane?
              Last edited by J05HUA; 2 January, 2015, 14:20.

Comment

ok. let do it straight.

you have a 3 most common types of mosfet available at market and 1 rumor commonly used :

a) normal mosfet
                b )active break commonly called AB mosfet which works as break, hence there is no overspining of motor/gears. ( caused by inertia of rotating object. It refers mostly to angular velocity, torque, mass and diameter )
                Probably you noticed that some times you need to press a trigger a lite bit and - bum ! you got a shot without of full rotation of gears. Hence it was caused by overspinning effect.
                Otherwise normally you will hear a full noise of gears and motor then you got a shot.

Overspinning effect was used only in 1 aeg- PSG by tokio marui. Initially it had to increase and improve a trig response. Now it's out of date due to mosfet application and lipo's batery.

AB mosfet avoids of overspinning and simply spring after each shot returns to its natural position ( full stretched and uncompressed ) . Hence lifetime of spring is increased or if you want called it differently : wearing off the spring is degrease

c) other mosfets which can be programed ( 3 round burst, semi only, full auto only etc etd )

Ok what rumor says:

Rumor says that mosfet redirects the current and avoids of collection of carbon at trigger's connectors, hence no electric arc exists once trigger is disconnected. It is only a partially true.
                However mosfet works in a litte bit other way. The rumor only explains results, but not reasons and method how mosfet works.

Mosfet works as an amplifier of signal, hence you can notice better trig reaction and rof. As example in the simplest way as possible : battery ---> 8.4v current impulse -->mosfet ---> outcome as impulse of 9.6v battery. Side effect: the battery dranage is faster. When you instal a 11.1v lipo battery with large C coefficient and large capacity, trig response and rof is phenomenal :-) and drainage effect ( loosing of charge till battery is aeg is not working anymore ) can be neglected.

That's why mosfeted RIF has always grater trig response and rof.
                Lack of arcing is in my opinion as side effect. Once current passes though mosfet ,the mosfet is gettng hot and it is another proof that mosfet works as amplifier hence if you keep your finger at trigger for too long, simply will damage a mosfet ( burning it down )

How to instal : search a youtube for more information. there is a plenty of good tutorials for aeg mechanics :-) 97% of mosfets are installed in the same way.

Sorbopad is glued to cylinder head or piston head. It absorbs a shock, reduce a dumping effect, works as correction for angle of engagmend. Negative side of it : may simply fall off :-)
                Other method of noise reducing is a installing of full cylinder ( type 0 ), good proper shimming, good gears, lubrication, and silencer at the end of barrel :-)

Comment

if your doing a DMR project then avoid a Madbull 6.01mm barrel. In fact avoid Madbull barrels all together, they are OK, but by no means the best. And the bore...avoid 6.01, you want to go wider. Maybe not Orga 6.23mm wide, but certainly to 6.05.

PDI make the best barrels full stop, and their 6.05mm bores are commonly regarded as the best airsoft barrels on the market. Prometheus also make very good barrels, but these tend to come in tighter bores at 6.03mm.
                  Ora make the best (or only?) super wide bores at 6.10mm and 6.23mm. But with these you'll need to up the volume of air being used, either with a bore up kit, larger cylinder or heavier spring (this won't up the air volume but will up the air pressure)

And DMRs will also need the best hop unit/bucking combo you can get. By far and away the best will be an R Hop, but if you want to use a traditional hop style, then you'll likely want a Pro Win hop unit, Prometheus Purple bucking (FPS dependant, might need the harder version) or a Firefly rubber.
                  sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

Okay thanks guys I think, I've cancelled the madbull order and taking a look at the wide bores and mosfets

Comment

Sell it, sell a kidney, buy a TM recoil!

Having got that off my chest...

If you are looking for accuracy, its maybe 30% the quality of the parts and 70% your skill at installing them. I've seen a lot of AEGs where guys trot out spec with the glowing pride of a toddler who got it all in the potty for the first time, but when you see it shoot its an absolute dog.

Start with accuracy over FPS. The reason I say this is because higher FPS can often magnify small imperfections in your hop and make the gun much worse. One of the single biggest improvements I made in one of my early guns was downgrading the spring from 340fps to 310fps: it closed up the groupings like you wouldn't believe and didn't pull in the maximum range at all, making the effective range when playing (i.e. the range where you can realistically expect to hit a player) much better.

My best results so far with home build AEGs have been with a guarder 6.04 barrel and bizarrely with the stock barrel out of a Well L96 I had laying around, and with a firefly hop. But none of these are as good as my stock TM recoil shooting at 290 FPS.

As above, I've never had my socks knocked off by Madbull, but other people love them. I do own an Orga 6.28, but it's in my KC02, which is an ongoing project so I can't yet say if it is any good.

Thats my 2cents, but I'm just some guy. But to just give my nugget of truth to my crack about buying a recoil: really only get into customizing your gun because you think you'll enjoy the process, 9/10 the best way to get a better gun to skirmish with is to buy one rather than upgrade one. Its usually cheaper in the long run, and a lot less frustrating.

Comment

assembled gb today hence it is a result of my work :-) Full description provided

Comment

whiteman,

Your explanation of how a MOSFET works is no where near what it actually does, the MOSFET does reduce battery life and it increases the trigger response and rate of fire because it has a much lower resistance (usually in the 0.5-2 mOhm range) than the mechanical trigger contacts do therefore increasing the efficiency of the electrical system. Also using a type 0/ full cylinder will not make the gun quieter because in most cases a type 0 will overvolume it which gives a louder pop at the end of the barrel.

Comment

*Does not reduce battery life

Comment

image.jpg here is the image.jpgexternaly finished product now for the gearbox upgrades.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

J05HUA Find out more about J05HUA
                              Working...
                              X